grain free diets for labs

wrigley's mom

grain free diets for labs

Postby wrigley's mom » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:13 pm

I was just wondering if anyone was feeding their dog a grain free diet? I just started feeding my 1 year old chocolate lab, Born Free grain free food. Just curious if you think it's better for them or not!

scpanos

Re: grain free diets for labs

Postby scpanos » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:28 pm

We started feeding Sam (4yr old chocolate lab) grain free-limited ingedient salmon and potato and she is doing SO much better with her itching and stinky ear. Natural Balance is the brand. And it is kind of ironic since I myself am gluten/wheat free. Her coat is in great shape too, she has basically shed her "old" coat from when we adopted her now that she is getting good nutrition and the fish oil from the food.

Sue Welker

Postby Sue Welker » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:56 am

I am a big proponent of raw and grain free diets for our pups. I have a choc male 3 years who has battled itching / skin leasons and ear infections since he was very young. I started with a dry grain free non chicken protein (rabbit, pheasant & bison are great) and then later moved to a raw (Northwest Naturals or Bravo) diet with lots of green veggies added. It has made a HUGE difference. No ear infections & sjin & itching so much better. Dr Karen Becker & Dr Dan King are great resources. http://www.drkarenbecker.com Start reading & you will learn so much!! :D

tylerjones553

Postby tylerjones553 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:05 am

Yes it is good to give dog a grain free diet as there digestion system is not like humans giving Barf is a good option which make them healthy and to have a good skin.
Buy dog products at great low prices.

Return to “General”