Adoption Wait List

savard18

Adoption Wait List

Postby savard18 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:14 am

I am just curious as to how many families are approved and waiting for a dog at the current time?

Thanks

tulip

Re: Adoption Wait List

Postby tulip » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:38 pm

At this time i'm not exactly sure how many families, but my guess is about 30 or so. I am the foster home coord, so i would need to check with our placement coordinator. However, please don't get discouraged if you just had your home visit recently, as not all families are looking for the same gender, color, or age as you or others waiting on the list. Your prefereces, as well as the date of your home visit will help determine how fast you move up the list. I hope that helps, but if you have more questions, please don't hesitate to email us. thank you :)

tulip

Postby tulip » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:41 pm

also, please keep in mind that new dogs arrive at our vets and at foster homes each week. so the dogs that you see on our site right now are not the only ones that are in house. once they arrive at their foser home, we give them some time to settle in and to give our foster homes a chance to get to know them before they are posted and available for adoption. i can tell you that right now, we have about 5 dog in foster homes that are not yet on the site (ready for adoption) and about 5-6 more within the next week. and as those dogs are ready and get listed, more come in behind them, so there are always new dogs being added :)

FoutzFam

Postby FoutzFam » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Once again, thanks for the detail. Much appreciated. Keep up the great work!

Macias Family

Postby Macias Family » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:05 pm

I was wondering who we would be able to contact to find out where we are on the waiting list. Also, I believe we put that we wanted a Chocolate Lab but we are open to all. I don't know how to update that information. Any information would be great. Thanks.

Molly_Mae's_Mom

Postby Molly_Mae's_Mom » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:33 am

Hi Macias Family,
I wouldn't really look at it as "where" your family is in a "line". As Tulip stated earlier, not all families are looking for the same traits and qualities, so it's hard to pinpoint any one family as a distinctive number on a list of people. I can promise you that everyone at MLRR is working as hard as they can to make sure that each family is matched with the perfect dog for their lifestyle, and vice versa, but that process does take some time. I've informed our placement coordinator of your change in preferences, and all I can say is please be patient (although I know it's hard!). There is also a great post under the "General" section of this forum that talks more about the MLRR adoption process, so please check that out as well. If you have any furhter questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Kristen

Return to “General”