New Event Ideas!

Molly_Mae's_Mom

New Event Ideas!

Postby Molly_Mae's_Mom » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi Everyone!
MLRR is looking for some new event ideas and was wondering if you could help us out. Here are some responses we are looking for:
1). If you are an existing volunteer, what type of events do you like to volunteer for and what events do you not like to volunteer for? Why/why not? What are some things about the volunteer experience that you would change? What sort of events would you possibly like to see MLRR try?
2). New volunteers: If you have just started volunteering with MLRR, or haven't yet filled out an application, what sorts of things would motivate you to volunteer with MLRR? What sorts of events would you possibly like to see MLRR try?

I think everyone can agree that volunteers are a huge reason why MLRR, or any other non-profit, can be so successful at what they do. That's why we want to make sure that your experience volunteering with us is a good one! So please be honest: what you like, what you don't like, etc. If you would prefer to remain anonymous, please email me (Kristen) at: kkasees2@gmail.com

Thank you so much!

Deb

Re: New Event Ideas!

Postby Deb » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Hello,

I'm a current volunteer, and one type of event I always enjoy is a wine tasting fudraiser, such as the ones we have held at Vine Tastings (in Roselle) in the past. It may be nice to have one closer to Chicago, or possibly Evanston.

Sue Welker

Postby Sue Welker » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:35 am

I like the wine tasting idea also. :mrgreen: Would definitely try to make it but we are out west so would depend on location.

Molly_Mae's_Mom

Postby Molly_Mae's_Mom » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:58 am

Hi Deb!
Thanks for the suggestion! I've added it to my list and hopefully we can work that out! If you have any other suggestions, please keep me updated! Thank you again!

Kristen

krismlrr

Postby krismlrr » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:55 am

Wine tasting is great idea! :D
Also, I have previously suggested doing more Meet N' Greets in the summer such as parades. I know there is the Hinsdale Pet Walk in June already, but if we can do more public community events like that, that would be excellent too!!
~ Kris

Molly_Mae's_Mom

Postby Molly_Mae's_Mom » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:58 am

Great idea, Kris! I remember Judy saying that those were popular so I think she's been looking for a lot more events similar to the Hinsdale walk that we can attend. If you or anybody else finds great events, please email one of us!!

Thanks!

Kristen

krismlrr

Postby krismlrr » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Hey there,

Let's continue to run ideas for Events passed each other. I like the idea of wine tasting and I also love going to Meet N Greets at completely Awesome Pet Stores.

I will say, that I think we can continue to spread the word about MLRR if we think outside of what we are already doing too!! For example, more parades (I have two I have noted as far as pup parades, but my suggestion is not limited to pet parades only,) Summer Festivals, and I really think we should make sure we are set for the 2011 MLRR Reunion. If we plan early, we may suprise ourselves with the turn out!! I KNOW WE CAN DO IT!! LOOK AT HOW MANY DOGS HAVE BEEN ADOPTED ALREADY THIS YEAR!! :D

Here's to looking up!!

~ Kris

TheSmiths

Postby TheSmiths » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:43 am

Hi,

I'm not currently a volunteer, but I do have an idea for an event. Not sure if you guys have ever done this, but starting around the end of May through the summer classic car cruises are all over the place and a lot of people are out walking around. We have a classic car so we attend these regularly, and some of them have different types of vendors set up. Downers Grove has a cruise night I believe it's every friday, Lemont has theirs on Wednesdays, and a really big one is in Morris, once a month on a Saturday (not sure which Saturday of the month yet, sorry). It would be a different way to get people to learn about MLRR. All sorts of people go to the car cruises, families, singles, married couples...you name it! We are currently in the process of finding our forever lab, and after we do I would like to start volunteering :

Jackie and Kevin Smith

amyj

Postby amyj » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm not a current volunteer but was one before adding a two legged child to the family, hope to volunteer again in the future.

Just saw the animal adoption day event listed for Cosley Zoo in Wheaton when we were there today, not sure if they are still taking exhibitors but might be a nice event for MLRR to attend. The info from their website is listed below.

Animal Adoption Day - May 21 - 10am-2pm

Looking for that special friend? Do you want to find out more about how you can help animals in need? Join us for a special day where you can visit with four-legged friends from various rescue organizations and humane societies. Talk to experts who can give you sound advice on how to take care of your pets. Or spend time looking for just the right companion for you and your family.

Regular admission rates apply.

For health and safety reasons, the zoo requests that visitors leave their current pets at home.

Exhibits and Vendors

House Rabbit Society
Fox Valley Dog Training Club
TAILS Humane Society
Greater Chicago Ferret Association
DuPage County Animal Care and Control
REGAP (Retired Greyhounds as Pets) of Illinois
Collie Rescue of Greater Illinois
Natural Healing Whole Dog Wellness

Molly_Mae's_Mom

Postby Molly_Mae's_Mom » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:52 am

HI Amy,
Great catch! I've forwarded this information on to our Events Coordinator and hopefully we can join that event. Thanks for being on the lookout!

Kristen

Return to “Suggestions and Comments”