DISGUSTED!!

LOVES Labs

DISGUSTED!!

Postby LOVES Labs » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:40 pm

I love in Homewood & was considering addopting from your facility. After hearing from the Mayor of Homewood himself that
you stated you do not make home visits to Homewood due to the fact that it is "far". You ought to be ashamed of yourself, someone is trying to rescue an animal and because they live too far ytou deny them. You are located in Lombard, Homewood is a 35 to 40 min drive! Addopting a pet from your facility is not cheap, and I don't think you made a poor decision. This man has 3 rescued Labs and 1 had just died of old age, he was simply trying to do a good thing & you discriminated because according to you, he lives far! I have changed how I felt about your facility and will be looking elsewhere. Price is hefty but your manners were horrible.

JackandDiane

Re: DISGUSTED!!

Postby JackandDiane » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:11 pm

I believe there may have been a mix-up. We absolutely do home visits in Homewood. Can you please let me know the applicant's name and we will contact them if we have them in our system? Thanks.

andynjamie

Postby andynjamie » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:43 am

Loves labs,
If you are wrong please make it a point to apologize to MWLR, as your claim was done in poor taste and should of been done privately.
Thank you.

Loves Labs

Postby Loves Labs » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:26 am

No, no mix up. I will not apologize for something that really did happen, maybe the person who answered the phone was having a bad day. This was not done in poor taste at all, simply doing the right thing. No apology on my end for standing for something I strongly believe in, if you feel it was in poor taste, that is your problem! This was done to the MAYOR. Even if he was not the Mayor, there are people out there trying to rescue animals. I just addopted a yellow lab from SSHS and I am happy she now is safe and has a good home.

Jack and Diane

Postby Jack and Diane » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:44 am

"LOVES LABS" - I'd be happy to resolve this problem if you would provide more input on the person's name and contact information. Without that information, we can't resolve the issue. Also, congrats on saving a lab's life through another organization. We are very happy for any lab saved, not just through our organization. Have a great day!

Return to “Suggestions and Comments”