Alexis

A place to talk about Dogs currently awaiting adoption
ForumMod

Alexis

Postby ForumMod » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi, my name is Alexis, or Lexi for short. I am a beautiful yellow female dog, approximately 6 years old. I’m a pretty easy-going dog. I have many loves. I really do like human companionship, and pretty much stay close most of the day. I spend most of my days keeping my foster dad company in his office, sleeping most of the time. But I also love to be outside. Foster parents have a great big back yard that I can sniff and smell all the good things that back yards offer. I am an expert squirrel patroller...I keep an eye on their every move. Even though I am easy going, and appear to be low energy, you will be surprised to see how fast I am when chasing a squirrel. I am also very gentle, and have not only become friends with the neighbor dog, but have been known to nose around with the skunk that travels thru the yard. And a recent weekend stay at a home with a resident cat was no issue at all. I recently had knee surgery, and have recovered really well. Foster family takes me and my foster fur brother on walks every night. Boy, do I get excited when the leash comes out…I love to go walking ! I walk pretty well on the leash too. And when it comes to commands, I can be a bit stubborn, and a little coaxing helps. No surprise, I love to eat, and can be a bit particular about my meal. I also need to take glucosamine at each meal. This is not a love, so you have to be smart about how you give it to me. I do love treat time at night, when I get either a bully or pizzle stick…they are the best. If you are in need of a protector, you will be happy to hear, that I will bark at anything unfamiliar, to alert you of potential danger…knocks at the door, unfamiliar dogs walking, etc… you get it. I love to be petted…you can’t pet me enough…I really love this kind of love. At night, depending how I feel, I will sleep on the floor, or in the dog bed in your bedroom. I’m a sleepy head, so when it’s time to get up in the morning, I drag my feet, wanting to stay in bed…sound familiar?

I sound pretty good, right? So, if you are looking for a mild-mannered beauty to keep you company and to love, then you need look no further… I am your gal. Taking appointments for my forever family now.

frankandjodi

Re: Alexis

Postby frankandjodi » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:56 pm

HI
My Husband and I have been approved and have had our home visit. We are very interested in Alexis. We have 2 beautiful female labs who are 10 and 4 and we think she will fit right in.

Steve Hooks

Postby Steve Hooks » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:54 pm

Please let me know if Alexis is still available for adoption. We have been pre-approved. We have a 6 year old chocolate female. Recently our 14 year old lab passed and we are hopeful of finding a new companion!
Thanks Steve

Postby moderator » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:12 pm

Alexis has been adopted.

Return to “Adoptable Dogs Discussion”