Dutch and Gibson - ADOPTED!

aande

Dutch and Gibson - ADOPTED!

Postby aande » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Image Image Image Image Image

We are dashing pair of yellow male labs, about two years old. We are past the puppy stage, but we still LOVE to play. But we do our playing outside. Once we get inside we settle right down. We do everything together. We can even eat and drink out of the same bowl. We are hoping to find home together since that is how it has always been.

Dutch here. I’m the big brother, about 80 pounds. I'm the sleek one, with not an ounce of fat on me. I’m working on my manners. I don’t jump up on people, but I can be a little mouthy when I get excited. I am a lover and can sit on the floor with you for hours and just keep my head in your lap. I do need to work on going outside to the bathroom. My foster mom has yet to figure out my signals. So in the meantime, she takes me outside often. I’m the braver one too, being bigger ‘n all. I first growled at the TV but now it doesn’t bother me. Just like my brother I’m crate trained. I’m not aggressive when it comes to food or anything. If the truth be known, I’m timid and scared at times. My foster Mom tells me all the time, I’m a good dog. I walk well on a leash, I don’t countersurf, I don’t jump up on the furniture. What more could you want? The answer is...my brother!

Gibson here. I see my brother spent all the time talking about himself and didn’t even mention me. Well, I’ll make up for that. I’m the cuter of the two. Sure I don’t have that long sleek look. I have a stocky build and I am the perfect weight, 72 pounds or so. I’m much more of a shadow than my brother. I’ll follow you everywhere. I don’t jump up either or counter surf. I’m a pretty picky eater. I know that the outside is for bathrooming and playing. I love to play with my brother. I’m usually the instigator, but once I get Dutch going, we go and go till we drop. I have to confess one thing - I’m afraid of the TV. Yesterday when my foster Mom turned it on, I had to leave the room. I saw people and they were talking. It was scary. So now she leaves it on so that I will learn not to be afraid, but it’s a slow process.

Both of us are good walkers on the leash. We’re not barkers. I guess both of us are a little scared of things at times, but we’re getting the hang of it at our foster home. So if you are looking for two great dogs, we just might be what you are lookin’ for. P.S. Tell me we wouldn’t be a hit at your New Year’s Eve Party

cyndi

Re: Dutch and Gibson

Postby cyndi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:50 am

Very sweet looking, I have had my home visit and am waiting on official approval. It sounds like they would best be placed together, however I can only adopt one lab at this time. But, if they end up having to be seperated I would be interested in visiting them. Thank you.

Cyndi

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Cyndi - we are trying to keep Dutch & Gibson together, but thanks for your interest.

cindyboggs

Postby cindyboggs » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:00 pm

An updtae--a drum roll please.

Gibson here... I want all of you potential families out there to know that I am no longer afraid of the TV. Today, as a matter of fact, I was on my pillow watching a movie. But I must admit, I didn't understand much. I was snuggling with my foster Mom and we were having a good time. I want you to know, I am cuter than my brother. All for now, Gotta go and get some chewin'-on-my-bone' time in. You gotta meet me...

Dutch here, I know my brother thinks he is cuter than me, but I am more handsome. Too I am adorable. I can sit with you for hours and all you have to do is pat me on my head. Life is good here with my foster family. And it is great to have my brother around; we follow each other around the house. You gotta meet me too.

BenS

Postby BenS » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:26 am

We are interested in meeting Dutch and his handsome brother Gibson. We have had our home visit.

Ben Schapiro

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:26 pm

Ben - your interest has been noted.

cindyboggs

Postby cindyboggs » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Ben, thanks so much for showing interest in these guys. They are meeting someone tonight, but if that does not work out, I will let you know. they are great dogs. They went on a home visit last night and the family was very impressed with their behavior and demeanor. They get excited when I first come home or first thing in the morning. Then out they go to the yard to do what they need to do. They could play outside for hours. Once inside they calm right down. They get along so well that I really hope they can stay together. I find that two dogs are more expensive--more $$ for vet and food, but two dogs are actually less work than one. These two really keep themselves entertained. However, both are very affectionate dogs. Last night I was sitting on the floor with them and both of them had their heads and other body parts in my lap. If you are looking for a sweet, affectionate, energetic, friendly twosome, you will not find a better pair as these guys. They have managed to worm their way into my heart in a very big way.

Carolee

Postby Carolee » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:20 pm

For three weeks, I've checked everyday to see if Dutch and Gibson have been adopted. I can understand why you want to keep them together. We had two yellow 7-yr old lab mixes until December. Our Ashy misses his buddy, Snicky. We have been looking for another yellow lab and Snicky looked exactly like Gibson (if he is the one with the larger head and blacker nose). I wish we could adopt both dogs, but I don't want to overwhelm our little Ashy. Best wishes for both your boys.

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:14 am

Carolee - thanks for your interest. We are not ready to separate these two guys yet. We're hopeful that we'll find them a home together.

Kirch

Postby Kirch » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Just wondering if these boys got adopted. Any updates? We are having a home visit soon and are considering adopting 2.
Thanks, jk

Return to “ADOPTED!!”