Jake - ADOPTED!

aande

Jake - ADOPTED!

Postby aande » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi, my name is Energetic Jake, but you can call me Jake for short. I am a handsome male Lab, about 1 year old and I weigh in at 67lbs. I have a beautiful yellow coat with white on my belly, large paws and a large chest. Though I like to talk a lot, I am housebroken, I come when you call my name and I know how to give paw. I like to carry things around in my mouth, but I don’t chew them up. I think it’s fun to make piles of my “stuff” so I know where it is when I want it. There is a cat here where I am staying, and it’s fine. I don’t bother it and it doesn’t bother me. But, I do love playing with the other dog that lives here. I also really like the 8 year old human boy that stays here, too. He’s fun to follow around! I am very strong and have an agenda of my own, and I’ve even escaped from the yard a few times. I just wanted to see what was on the other side of that fence! So, it’s probably best if my forever home has a high, private fence to keep me safe in my yard, and a strong, experience owner to teach me a few manners.

sarty8904

Re: Jake

Postby sarty8904 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:51 am

Hi, Can you call me as I might be interested in adopting Jake. Scott. 630-303-7836

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:08 pm

Scott - the first step in our adoption process is for you to complete an adoption application. If you have not started the process, please do so now. After the application is received, you will be contacted for a home visit. Only after the home visit has been done and you are completed approved can we begin matching you with dogs.

cindyboggs

Postby cindyboggs » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 pm

Jake here. I thought I would add a little to my writeup. After all, you need to get to know me better. Yes it safe to say I have a pretty high energy level. However, at night I curl up on my pillow next to my foster mom's bed and go right to sleep. Too I kind of have this 'its all about me' attitude. So when I bug my foster mom too much she sprays me with water. That usually quiets me down. I do pay attention to cars going down the street so I know I need to work on that. I'm a great retriever. I bring the ball back really fast. I love my toys. I pretty much have something in my mouth or in my paws all the time. I'm learning to 'stay' when I sit. It's difficult for me, but everyone thinks I'm doing pretty good. I'm getting better every day. So if you want to know anymore about me, just ask! Jake

Tara

Postby Tara » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Hello, let me preface by saying how much I appreciate you fostering these lovable pups. Without you who knows where these dogs would be. Is it beneficial to use negative reinforcement tactics in their training? I'm referring to spraying the dog with water versus simply ignoring the unwanted behavior and rewarding the wanted behavior. These dogs as well as all dogs need extra love and care and positive reinforcement training.

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Tara - we encourage you to speak with a reputable trainer on questions like this.

cindyboggs

Postby cindyboggs » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:52 pm

This is Jake here. I guess I misspoke. My foster mom 'mists' me with water. She only does this after she has told me to 'leave it' but I continue to bug her. I get a lot of positive vibes from her at other times. But when I'm being bad, she needs to let me know I need to correct my behavior.

And a few more things about me now that I've got your ear. I no longer am trying to get out of the yard. The fence is a split rail about 4' high. But I don't mind staying in the yard. I just like to see what is going on in the park on the other side of the fence.

Oops, gotta go now; we're gonna play. The Jakester

Prncess1113

Postby Prncess1113 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi,
I'm interested in Jake. I filled out an application a few days ago. I was wondering if he is still available? He is very cute! We have a large yard, and I think he would get along well my our dog Teddy (also a rescue) and the kids. I've never tried to adopt a dog off the internet, so I'm not clear on the process. Usually, I just happen to walk into a pet store on a day when they are having adoptions (usually happens unplanned) and I find one I bond with. So I'm wondering how to proceed from here?
Thanks!

cindyboggs

Postby cindyboggs » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Just so you know. Jake is still available. He is very good with other dogs. He goes to doggy day care and has a lot of fun. Last week he spent the day with one of my previous fosters and both had a great time. He is young and needs to learn some manners but I think he would learn good habits from other dogs. He is by no means an alpha type. He is just a happy-go-lucky kind of guy.

After you've had your home visit and been approved, you can start to meet dogs. Jake says good luck.

Mjturnbull

Postby Mjturnbull » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:29 pm

Michelle and I (and Sadie) have passed our home inspection and are ready to meet puppies! We'd like to express our interest in Jake, and if you think he fits our profile, and we are somewhere close in the rotation, we'd like to meet him. We have a senior black lab now named Sadie, a beautiful fenced in large yard, and we we are ready to make someone a good home.

Return to “ADOPTED!!”