Claire - ADOPTED!!

ForumMod

Claire - ADOPTED!!

Postby ForumMod » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:17 pm

ImageImage

Found as a stray in Southern Illinois, MLRR rescued me over a year ago and provided me one of the best foster families (FF) on the planet. Hi, I’m Claire, and I’m 60 gorgeous pounds of snuggles and sweetness. Did my picture knock your socks off? Yep, I’ve been told that I’m stunningly beautiful. But my FF wants you to know that I am truly one of those dogs that is even more beautiful on the inside than on the outside. I am full of love and devotion for you. And I’m funny. Oh my gosh, FF loves to watch me and laugh at my antics. One of my favorite things in life is to find a human lap to try to make my very own. If I’m not finding a way to do some major league lap cuddling, I’m asking for a belly rub or two. Oh, and I guess I’ll tell you this right now. When I’m in full slumber mode, I snore a little. I know, I know, not that ladylike, but nobody is bothered by it. Plus I look like an angel when I sleep. In the middle of FF’s bed!

I just might be what is known as an “affection hog”. FF has a couple of other dogs at home, and we do co-exist well together. We all want our share of attention and love and snuggles. FF is very obliging. Besides snuggling and getting belly rubs, I love squeaky toys. I will find one in the house, and I like to prance around a little, you know, just showing off my prize. I might even wave it in front of you so you are envious. I’m absolutely willing to play a little fetch with you too, if you are into that sort of thing.

I’ve got other things in life that I love. Besides squeaky toys, I love those rubber kongs to play with and chew on. I adore car rides, and even if you aren’t planning on going anywhere, if I see an open car door, I’ll climb right in. I’m always ready for a trip to somewhere – anywhere you want to take me! I love fenced in back yards, and squirrels that enter my kingdom are such a joy. I watch them through the window, but when I can get outside and take my turn on “squirrel patrol”, I’m in heaven. After I spend some quality time pestering the critters, I’m on to sunning on the deck. I am left free in the home because I have great house manners. I should mention that I am on daily medication for a leaky bladder. FF figured out quickly that I needed a little help with that, and I’ve done great! The medication isn’t terribly expensive. You can find out more about my condition from MLRR.

I haven’t yet mentioned how much I love to take walks. I must admit, though, that I am still trying to hone my leash walking skills. I am so thrilled to be out and about that when I see those pesky squirrels along my path, I’d like to catch them if I can. With more work and my eagerness to learn, I think I can get better and better at walking more calmly. As far as other dogs are concerned, FF understands that it can take me awhile to warm up to new dogs. I was very accepting of their dogs in our home when I moved in, but sometimes it is hard for me to meet new dogs and feel comfortable around them right away.

FF and I have discussed at length what we think would be the perfect home for me. I don’t want to be too specific, but I thought I’d share some of my dreams. I’d love to be with a family that has kids, since I have met a lot of kids, and I’ve never met one I didn’t like! Having a human or two around a lot would be ideal for me. I know that isn’t always possible for a dog, but I just love my people so much (my foster dad works from home), I would love to have as much quality time with you as possible. Having a fenced in back yard would be to die for, and I promise I’ll keep an eye on those pesky squirrels for you. After careful thought and consideration, I think I would be happiest in a home where I am your only canine pal.

Ok, so I am sure you must be asking. Why oh why is this adorably sweet, super loving, beautiful, friendly and playful girl still without a home after a year? Ahhh, that’s the million-dollar question. My foster parents think there are a number of reasons why I haven’t found my “forever” yet. The fact that I take special medication might be one. Even though it isn’t really expensive, it is “extra”, and sometimes an unexpected additional expense can be tough. Also, my hesitancy to accept new dogs right away can maybe make people think twice about me. My initial worries around new dogs may have something to do with my past life that I can’t really tell you about. If you do have another dog, please don’t let it stop you from finding out more about me. I just think it might be easier if I could be the only dog in your home.

I’ll give you my heart and soul - I promise I will. I’ve completely won over my foster family, and they can’t say enough good things about me. They know how well I can love my family. There is no dog on this earth that will be more loving or more devoted to you humans than I am. I know that someone out there wants a special, wonderful girl like me to be a best friend and companion. I just need the right family to come along and know that I’m the “one”. I’ve been waiting for this moment for a very long time now. To finally have someone come and want me - and only me – well, it would be a dream come true. If you think I’m the “one”, please contact MLRR. I’m waiting ever so patiently for you.

Love from Claire

Kjjparker3

Re: Claire

Postby Kjjparker3 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:59 am

We are interested in meeting Claire. We are approved. Thanks!

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:30 am

kjjparker3 - your interest has been noted.

jkasakmartin64

Postby jkasakmartin64 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:16 am

The Kasak Martin family is interested in meeting Claire. We are approved.

msmith

Postby msmith » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Greg and Merrily Smith are interested in Claire. We have been approved.

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:41 am

Martin & Smith families - your interest has been noted.

HHJensen

Postby HHJensen » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:40 pm

The Jensen family (approved) would like to meet Claire.

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Jensen family your interest has been noted.

mindymoo

Postby mindymoo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:34 pm

The Tobias family is interested in meeting Claire.

debllablover

Postby debllablover » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Claire looks like she might be a good fit for our family if she is still available!

Return to “ADOPTED!!”