Stu - ADOPTED!!

ForumMod

Stu - ADOPTED!!

Postby ForumMod » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:15 am

Image Image

Hiya, I’m Stu. I’m a 66 lbs, 18 month old male black Lab mix. I enjoy exploring my new neighborhood, sunbathing, endless games of fetch, and chew toys. I’m very social and very curious. If I had a theme song it'd be "Happy". I love all people equally, little and big, though I've never met a toddler or a baby. But I think I'd like them too. They like kisses, right? I greet everyone with a tail wag, a sniff, and a lick. I was found as a stray, and while I have a bit of weight to gain - 15-20 pounds sounds about right - my spirit shines and I have a grateful heart. I show gratitude with kisses and cuddles. I’m eager to please and will do whatever it is I think you’re asking me to do, especially if it involves those amazing things called treats. I’ve got some serious puppy swag going on (I’m still growing into my paws, and am sometimes a little clumsy, and at times forget how big I am). I’m rocking ‘dis whole potty training thing, all while learning boundaries and basic commands. I'm going through a bit of a chewing phase, but I know my limits with chewing during play with people and dogs and redirect well. I sleep in my crate in the same room with the rest of my pack, and stay in there when mom's not home. I like my crate and am clean in it. I've barely made a peep, just a few whimpers at night and when mom leaves for the day. I really like to have a routine and I thrive with consistency. I walk well on a leash and keep an eye on mom the whole time. We do everything together when she’s home, I rarely leave her side. I play well with others and even keep myself entertained. I enjoy being groomed and petted, it even seems to relax me. My first two loves are food and attention and if they come from you, I’m yours. I’d even be a lap dog if you’d let me. My ideal companion(s) would be patient enough to teach and redirect, active enough to help me burn off my moderate energy, and offer a love that is as unconditional as mine. I would be an amazing little brother to a lucky dog; my foster sister Lilly has been showing me the ropes. My guilty pleasures are dirty laundry and toilet water (the clear kind). Mom says I'm a keeper (as well as a licker). Just look at 'dis face, let me be your brown-eyed boy?

Hauser681

Re: Stu

Postby Hauser681 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:59 am

I would love to know more about Stu. How is he with kids? Other dogs? We has our home visit on Sunday and look good- te official email should be coming shortly.

Thanks!

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:20 pm

Hauser family - your interest has been noted.

good4cat

Postby good4cat » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:44 pm

Stu looks like a great dog too! I've submitted my app and had my interview. Just waiting on final approval: Cathy Goodman

good4cat

Postby good4cat » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:46 pm

Stu looks like a great dog too! I've submitted my app and had my interview. Just waiting on final approval: Cathy Goodman

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:50 pm

Cathy - your interest has been noted.

daniella

Postby daniella » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:09 pm

We are interested in Stu! How is he with kids? cats?

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:50 pm

Daniella - Stu's bio on the Labs For Adoption page has his behavior with kids & cats. We cannot match you with any of our dogs until you've completed an application, had a home visit and received final approval from our Board.

Projansky

Postby Projansky » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Projansky family interested in Stu. Our application has been submitted, had our interview and waiting on final approval. Thank you!!

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Projansky family - your interest has been noted.

Return to “ADOPTED!!”