Honey - ADOPTED!!

ForumMod

Honey - ADOPTED!!

Postby ForumMod » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Image Image Image

Are you looking for a special girl to fill up an empty place in your heart? A beautiful, loving girl whose goal in life is to make you happy? If you are, then please come for me as soon as possible so we can start our life together! I’m Honey, and my friends say my name really suits me. I’m an 8 years young, super sweet, pudgy, totally mellow, purebred gal who first came to MLRR as a stray a few years ago. After being fostered as part of the MLRR program for a time, I won the lottery! The most wonderful family adopted me, and I went off to live my “happily ever after” with them. Then tragedy struck. After two years together, my dad, my soul mate and love of my life, passed away unexpectedly. I still don’t understand what happened to him. All I know was he never came back, even though I waited so patiently for his return. My mom tried to care for me on her own, but she knew what was best was to surrender me back to MLRR to see if I could find a better life. Once an MLRR dog, always an MLRR dog, so I was returned and placed in a great foster home, where I’ve been living for the past several weeks.

I’m not going to lie to you, the loss of my dad and my family and home has been devastating for me. During the first few weeks, I was confused in my foster home. My foster mom (FM) said I looked so dejected and sad. She knows I’m still grieving. We feel the pain of loss just like you humans do. But FM is now beginning to notice a change in me. I’m starting to show off my wonderful personality. FM thinks I’m just the sweetest thing. I’m 70 pounds of pure sugar. I’ve got a beautiful, soft chocolate coat, and grey on my muzzle and paws. I’m naturally timid and may lack the confidence gene, but that’s ok, I think that only makes me sweeter. I’m housebroken, and I have great house manners. FM says I normally don’t ever get on the furniture. But one day thunderstorms moved through our area and I have to admit that I started shaking in my boots. When the first clap of thunder sounded, I was up on the couch like a lightning bolt trying to find my way onto FM’s lap. Too scary for words, but, I calmed down knowing she was next to me and that we could hold paws/hands. I’m living with a foster sibling sister who is older than I am, and we get along just fine. I’m never crated because FM figured out that most of the time when she left me, she found me in the exact same place when she came back home! Yes, snoozing is one of my favorite pastimes. And if my doggie sister decides she wants the toy or food I have, I just let her have whatever she wants. Hey, she was here first, plus she's bigger than me! I know a few commands, too. I know “sit”, “stay”, and “come”. I walk nicely on leash, and I always do my “business” right away. I come when I’m called, and I’m always happy to see you and know you are close by. As a grown up girl, I’ve really learned to mind my manners. I’m not a barker, a chewer, a counter surfer, a jumper, or a wild child. With age comes wisdom. As I’ve grown wiser, I’ve learned to be a sweet, gentle, loving, calm, well-mannered and contented girl. Whew! The perfect girl, right?

After telling you all about me, now I’m trying to think of what would be a perfect home for me. I could fit in anywhere very easily, but all you apartment or condo dwellers out there should definitely think about meeting me. If you have another dog, I could make a great companion or I'd do well as a solo top-dog! I'm not a big fan of wood floors but can handle it if you have area rugs or runners. I’m just a little afraid to be all on my own again, so I hope I don’t have to wait too long for you to find me. As they say, everything in life happens for a reason. I believe there’s a special, wonderful family out there that needs me. Sometimes it can be harder for older girls like me to find a home. Like a fine wine, I believe I get better with age. I so want my chance to be part of a family again. Is it yours?

snapdog00

Re: Honey

Postby snapdog00 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:48 pm

Hello MLRR! My family has adopted twice from MLRR (Harley 5/98-12/95, LuLu 6/98-12/13). Since Lu's passing, we have been interested in adopting an older female who is cat-friendly, easy-going and friendly. When we read Honey's bio we know she's the girl for us. We re-applied to adopt another girl in January 2014 and have been waiting for a blessing to come along. We believe it's Honey. :)

The Armantrout Family

clayne

Postby clayne » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:56 am

The Layne Family is approved and is interested in meeting Honey.

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:50 pm

Armantrout Family - your interest has been noted & a request to reactivate your application has been sent.

Layne Family - when was your home visit?

clayne

Postby clayne » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:05 pm

The home visit was on 3/2/14 and the approval shortly thereafter. I just re-confirmed our interest in adopting a few weeks ago when they were checking on the status of our application. Thanks!

The Layne Family

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:02 pm

Honey has been adopted!!

Return to “ADOPTED!!”