Sophia - ADOPTED!

ForumMod

Sophia - ADOPTED!

Postby ForumMod » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi everyone, I’m Sophia! I’m a 1-2 year old female black Lab mix, about 65 lbs. My foster mom says I’m the perfect mix of young/playful and sweet/snuggly, and smart to boot. But hey, I’m just being me! I kinda had a rough start - I was taken in by a shelter down south as a stray after I had been attacked by another dog. My front left leg was in pretty bad shape but now I’m nearly all healed and will have no lasting issues other than some cosmetic damage (but hey, who doesn’t have a surface imperfection or two?!?). Then I really surprised the shelter when I gave birth! But the only place the shelter had for me was an outside run, which is no place at all for a nursing momma with a significant leg injury – so MLRR mobilized quickly and got my puppy and me up here and into their program. Phew!! Thanks MLRR! My puppy has been adopted and now it’s my turn - will you be my forever home? Despite my start, I like other dogs, big and small, and enjoy a good ol’ fashioned game of wrestlemania with my foster Labbie brother (6 years old) and sister (1 year old). I love people, even the small ones they call kids, and I even like kitty cats (there are 3 here! occasionally I like to chase or bark or stare at them, but I really do like them and will kiss them if they will let me!). Sometimes I am a little reserved when I meet new people, but I warm up quickly.

More stuff to know about me: I enjoy walks, cuddling, and giving kisses; I adore squeaky toys (but I also like to, ah, “redesign” them, so really tough toys would be good); I like chews like bully sticks, antlers and nylabones, and will happily lie at your feet chewing away; I love food… and treats… and more food and more treats (um, hellllloooo… I’m a Lab, of course I do!); I’m good in a crate (although when I see you, I’ll get super excited to get out and be with you!); I walk nicely on a leash and ride well in the car; and I learn new things very quickly. I already know sit, down, and bed (go in my crate), and I know I have to be polite and sit at the door before we go outside or come back inside. I am housebroken, but you will need to learn my "gotta go out" signals from my foster mom so we can avoid any accidents. I do have a teeny tiny bit of a bad habit of trying to eat things that aren’t food, like parts of toys I’ve “redesigned,” so to keep me safe my foster mom keeps me in my crate when she isn’t home and also at bedtime. I get spooked every once in a while by strange noises or people/things making unexpected, sudden movements, but I recover quickly once you tell me everything is ok. My foster mom says I would do well in a house with other dogs, but would also be happy as an only dog. Yeah, I’m flexible like that, that’s how I roll. Go on, admit it, I sound pretty fabulous and you want to meet me, right? Yeah, I thought so. I can’t wait to meet you too!

maddi2463

Re: Sophia

Postby maddi2463 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:45 pm

The Maddi family is interested in Sophia.

ForumMod

Re: Sophia

Postby ForumMod » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:50 pm

Sophia has been adopted!

Return to “ADOPTED!!”