Mao Mao - ADOPTED!

ForumMod

Mao Mao - ADOPTED!

Postby ForumMod » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:26 am

Image Image

Hello everyone! My name is Mao Mao and if you are looking for a happy energetic friend, I AM your girl! I’m 1 1/2 years old with a beautiful yellow coat and my foster parents say I wear a constant smile. I was surrendered to the great folks at MLRR and live with my foster mom and dad, 3 foster fur doggy siblings and 2 cats. I heard them talking the other night that they think I have been through some training in the past but I didn't always follow it. BUT they said I have been improving every day - Can I get a “HIGH FIVE” here!?! I still have things to work on but they keep teaching every minute we are together. I get along great with all my fur siblings and play really well with one of them. The other 2 don’t seem so interested in playing but they’re nice just the same. I’m pretty curious about the cats… They’re different to me but I don’t chase them - I’ve learned that’s a “NO NO Mao Mao”. So I just watch them and follow them with my eyes. I’m crate trained, house broken, love to play with my toys & get belly rubs. I don’t have any problem eating at the same time as my foster siblings. Sometimes my foster mom will even hand feed me from my bowl. She’s been teaching me to take my treats really nice and gentle. I never knew I was supposed to do that. I walk well on a leash and I am pretty good about “heel”. My foster family lives on a small farm and let me tell you I LOVE to run and play in our yard! I know “sit” and “stay”. They say I still need work on “come”. I don’t run away – I just don’t want to come exactly when they say it’s time, so we have to keep doing that command all the time. I am just so excited to get to play and run after all the time of being cooped up I guess. But I follow my foster siblings when it’s time to come inside and lately, I have been getting to the door FIRST- I’d say that’s pretty good – wouldn’t you? When I first came here I would jump a lot, but again I learned that is a “NO NO Mao Mao” and I figured out that if I sit nicely I get pretty much what I want anyway. Now there is one other thing I have to keep working on… you see I just can’t resist food if its left on a table or counter (my foster mom says I am a counter surfer) and again… yes you got it.. “NO NO Mao Mao”. My foster parents have been working on this and teaching me it’s a bad thing to do. I’m getting there and learning the ways to behave like the good sweet girl they say I am. I take my fish oil capsules right out of your hand – no need to hide them in food. I like kids too but little ones might not be the best just yet because of my excitement and size . I don't realize I'm 70 lbs and I might knock them over – not on purpose of course. I am happy to meet anyone and I also know “shake”. My foster mom taught me that. I would probably do the best with another fur sibling to play with and bond with. A fenced yard, active family that likes to play, take walks and continue teaching me would be a dream comes true for this girl. Are you my furever family??

maddi2463

Re: Mao Mao

Postby maddi2463 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:22 pm

The Maddi family is very interested in Mao Mao

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:28 am

Maddi family - your interest has been noted.

mutters

Postby mutters » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:07 pm

The Mutters family is longing for a new member join to the family!

jgobig

Postby jgobig » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:20 pm

The Gobig family is interested in MaoMao :D

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Mutters & Gobig families - your interest has been noted.

Placement

Postby Placement » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:48 pm

Gobig family-what is the date of your application and home visit?

DLHEMH40

Postby DLHEMH40 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:51 pm

How come this baby hasn't been adopted yet? The Thompson family is wondering how Mao Mao is faring in a forever home.

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:06 pm

Mao Mao has been adopted!

Return to “ADOPTED!!”