Bert - ADOPTED!

ForumMod

Bert - ADOPTED!

Postby ForumMod » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:05 am

Hi friends, Bert here. Whoever said “good things come in small packages” never met me, or they would have said GREAT things come in small packages. I’m a 35 pound male yellow Lab mix, in the 9-12 month old range. I look just like someone shrunk a yellow Lab and added some freckles for an extra cute factor, and I have such a soft coat that you won’t want to stop petting me, which is a-ok by me! I was a stray so MLRR doesn’t know much about my past, and I ain’t sayin’, but let me tell you about me now: My foster mom says if she had to pick one word to describe me, it would be fun! I’m all tail wags and kisses and cuddles, and I like to be right by my people. I love other dogs and I love to play, play, play with my foster Labbie fur-brother (6 years old) and fur-sister (1.5 years old), especially tug-o-war. And when I’m not playing, I like to relax and gnaw on a nice toy or antler, cuddle up on the couch with my foster mom, or take a nap. Besides my foster mom and my doggie friends, there are 3 cats here in my foster home, and I’m very good with them – I might sniff them or even kiss them if they let me, but otherwise I leave them alone since they don’t seem to want to play with me. I haven’t been around a lot of kids but I’ve been fine with the ones I’ve met, and I think I’d be happy with some kids my own ‘cause I hear they like to play, and I like to play… although I do still have a little bit of residual puppy mouthiness, so maybe not the really tiny ones.

Since I’m young, foster mom keeps me in a crate when she’s not home to be sure I don’t get into any trouble, and I’m very good in there. I even go in there sometimes on my own when I just feel like chillin’. I have been learning some manners, and know how to sit and am working on “bed” (go in my crate). My housebreaking is coming along great; I’ve hardly had any accidents at all, and I’ve started to sit at the door to let my foster mom know I need to go out. Sometimes I am tentative with new people and in new places, but it does not take me long at all to get past that and show my award-winning personality. So if you have a little patience to give me, I promise to reward that a thousand fold. Have I mentioned that I am quite the charmer? Well, I am, so maybe you want to meet me?

Data

Re: Bert

Postby Data » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Hi,

We were wondering if Bert was available for adoption?

Thanks

Andrea

Marty

Postby Marty » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:37 pm

Hello!
We are interested in Bert.
Thanks,
Marty

parky91

Postby parky91 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:34 pm

The Doetsch family is interested in Bert. We had our home visit and been approved.

mcctrader

Postby mcctrader » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:56 pm

Hello,
My family and I are very interested about Bert

Dan

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:06 am

Doetsch family - your interest has been noted.

Dan & Marty - I need to know the last name the application is under.

GShoulta

Postby GShoulta » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:20 pm

I inquired about meeting with Bert on MLRR Facebook page on Jan 26, 2015. I was approved July 2013. Due to elderly parents I had to put adoption on hold. I am now looking at adopting and nterested in meeting Bert if this is possible.
Thanks,
G. Shoulta

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:48 pm

Shoulta family - I have asked for your application to be reactivated and noted your interest in Bert.

GShoulta

Postby GShoulta » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:06 am

:D [flash=]Thank you![/flash]

George Bonertz

Postby George Bonertz » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:00 pm

we are interested in adopting Bert ,but have not had a home visit. When does someone call or come over?

Return to “ADOPTED!!”