Sarita - ADOPTED!

ForumMod

Sarita - ADOPTED!

Postby ForumMod » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:18 am

My name is Sarita which means Sara and little princess in Spanish, but my foster parents tell me I am a queen and to hold my head up proud! I am between 2-3 years old, and have yellow fur. I am a nice size, weighing about 63 lbs. Up until now I lived in Puerto Rico (PR). Those were not good times as I had terrible skin, teeth and ear issues, all of which have been taken care of. I still have hair growing back and darker areas which are clearing nicely, bad teeth are gone and my ears are a nice pink which require very little care. After my last litter of puppies, I was taken in by a rescue in PR and fostered for a bit before MLRR saw how bad I looked and brought me to the States! Now I live in a foster home with an older fur-sister who does not like to play as much or as rough as I can. For the most part I'm a quiet, easy going Lab. I like to be at least in the same room as my foster family, I'd prefer to be sitting next to them on the couch or chair. Sometimes I'll go over and put my chin on their leg or arm, look at them with my golden eyes and just ask for a little pat or belly rub. I enjoy looking out windows, sleeping/lounging around, chewing my soft toys, slowly eating and taking treats with a very very gentle mouth. I LOVE playing outdoors. One of my favorite things is to try and run out the door before my foster sister into the fenced yard and wait for her. She may beat me out the door, but never running down the stairs. And this white stuff on the ground, I stick my nose in it and toss it in the air. On a leash I will go ahead of you, but I never ever pull. I am good with other dogs and kids, but I don’t think cats are a good idea for me. I like to chase little critters – A LOT. My mom and dad think I am very smart. I know sit, down, off, wait and am working on being consistent with these and other commands. I am very observant and like watching everything that I can. I'm on a grain free diet and 3V caps which is making a big difference in my skin. When I get a little itchy my mom gives me a Benadryl and then I am fine. She likes that she can clean my ears, put my snow boots and coat on and clean my feet all by herself. I am not crated but when my family goes out they do put a baby gate up for me to stay in the family/kitchen area. Otherwise I have free run of the house. I'm looking for a home that will help me continue to learn new things like getting in a car (I do fine getting out), what's that round thing you throw to me, oh - you want me to bring you a toy, just how to be a Lab. As you can see from my photo, I'm patiently waiting for you!

klein4

Re: Sarita

Postby klein4 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:39 pm

We are approved (as of 3 minutes ago) and we would like to meet Sarita. What a sweetie.

yellies87

Postby yellies87 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:58 am

Sarita sounds adorable! How does she do when she is alone? And is she good with small children? Interested and approved, Olson family.

jgobig

Postby jgobig » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:17 am

Very interested in Sarita. Previously approved for Molly Doodle adopted 2012. Our sweet big old girl was very happy here after rough former life, but died of cancer last year. Looking for new big girl to add to our family, Sarita would love it & fit right in.

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:21 am

jgobig - I'm sorry for your loss of Molly Doodle. Thank you for the love you gave her. We will probably need to refresh your home visit. Our policy is that if it's over 2 years old, it needs a new home visit. I will alert the Board that you want to be reactivated and you should be contacted soon. I will also mention your interest in Sarita.

jgobig

Postby jgobig » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:38 pm

Re Sarita -- Thx, will be happy to renew home visit if nec.
(FYI: earlier today, I also emailed registration update which Judy already copied to IT volunteer.)

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:23 pm

Sarita has found her forever family!

Return to “ADOPTED!!”