Tank - ADOPTED

ForumMod

Tank - ADOPTED

Postby ForumMod » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Image Image

Hi, I’m Tank. Everybody calls me Tankster. I’m a 9 month old dark chocolate lab mix with white tuxedo markings on my chest. At 43 lbs, I'm not too big or too small. I am quiet, curious, loving and loyal. My bark has a bit of a squeak to it but don't you worry, my man voice is comin'. I’d be the perfect wingman ‘cause the ladies all love me!

I already sit like a gentleman, sometimes even on command! One of my favorite things to do is to stretch out and take a nap with my legs in the air. There are spots on the back of my neck and on my belly that, when scratched, feel so good it makes my leg twitch uncontrollably. I’m very social with dogs and people, playing well with everyone. We are still working on my confidence, but it’s growing as I learn and become more comfortable. I’m submissive around other dogs and am very eager to please. Mom's been working with me on manners and basic commands. While I don't have them down quite yet I do try my very best! My two most favorite words in the entire world are "good boy", they make me so happy that my whole back end wiggles with my tail wags. It's the cutest.

My foster sister has been teaching me how to be a doggie. She doesn’t play with me as hard or as often as I’d like her to, but I get over it very quickly and play well by myself. My daily routine includes taking every single toy out of the basket and decorating the house with them. I stay in my crate while mom's at work and share a bed with her and my foster sister at night. Cuddling is 'da best!

I give generously when it comes to kisses and cuddles. The only things I need in return are patience, consistency and at least two exercise bouts a day. With me around your life will never lack gratitude, excitement or affection! Who wants to grow old with me?

yellies87

Re: Tank

Postby yellies87 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:54 am

Tank is too cute! How is he around small children and how long is left in his crate while mommy is at work? How does he do with crate, and free range of the home? Olson family is interested, approved.

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:07 pm

Olson family - your interest has been noted. I've also asked the Foster Mom to answer your questions regarding his behavior. Here is her input: He's crated up to 4 hours at a time with no issues during the day. He's given a peanut butter Kong to keep him occupied and is exercised prior to going in. He has free reign of the house overnight and hasn't had any issues. He's only crated because he's a puppy and while he hasn't destroyed anything I do have to replace socks / remotes / shoes / misc. items with chew appropriate toys. I've tested leaving him out while running a quick errand; he whines a little and paws at the door as I leave, then I find him laying against the door when I return. He's still learning 'down' and other basic commands, so he's putting his paws on people, and on kids. He hasn't been around toddlers, yet. He'll let a child take a toy out of his mouth, and he's gentle with taking treats.

yellies87

Postby yellies87 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:36 pm

We would love to meet him.

yellies87

Postby yellies87 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:11 am

Email is yellies87@gmail.com, application is under Danielle Olson. We'd love to come see him this weekend!

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:36 pm

Hi Olson family - there may be other families in line ahead of you that are a match for Tank, too. We go in order of application date, once you are approved. I know that it's hard to wait, but we're trying to be fair to everyone and make the best match for our dogs & adopters.

yellies87

Postby yellies87 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:50 am

Oh I'm sorry! I'm new at this, I didn't know there were other ways to inquire about the dogs :)

terimiceli

Postby terimiceli » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:44 am

Is Tank still available? Does he like water? Odd question,we have hamster that our other lab loved. How do you think he would do?

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:32 pm

Terimiceli - have you completed an application?

terimiceli

Postby terimiceli » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:59 pm

Yes we are registered and had home visitorial on Tuesday of this week. We would love to meet tank.

Return to “ADOPTED!!”