Holli - ADOPTED

ForumMod

Holli - ADOPTED

Postby ForumMod » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Image Image

Hi Everyone!

My name is Holli but my friends call me Holli Beary! I am a "star" of my own having appeared on the "U & Me In The Morning" show during the month MLRR rescues were featured. I had a great time and was a fave among the staff there!

I am a beautiful chocolate lab and only 6 years old. My favorite things are chasing tennis balls, snuggling on the couch, learning new things, belly rubs and I want to mention again - chasing and retrieving tennis balls. I am a quick learner especially when treats are involved. I can't wait to be the star of my training classes!

I traveled all the way from Missouri to get here. I wasn't treated like a star back there. My owners kept me chained in the back yard my entire life. I even had a litter of puppies! Then they dumped me in a shelter when they adopted a new puppy, saying I was too old and they didn't want me anymore. MLRR heard about me and gave me a second chance for a good life! As soon as I arrived, I was treated for heartworms and hookworms. I was starting to feel special already! I learned how to play with tennis balls, squeaky toys and people, and had good food and the best bones to chew on. So good! Unfortunately, in the midst of all this I started to not feel well. I had developed a horrible upper respiratory infection along with pneumonia and possibly a strain of the dog flu all at the same time. I was in and out of the hospital several times. It was really rough and I almost didn't make it - but I did and now I can add "survivor" to "star." I am full of energy and loving life!

The next thing on my "A" list is to put my paw print on a "forever" family's heart! The only thing I ask is to be the only dog in your home (and no cats, please). In exchange I will follow you around, sit with you, snuggle with you, learn new things with you, play fetch with, be your BFF and just love you.

I will be your "star" if you will be mine? Please meet me!

LCapo777

Re: Holli

Postby LCapo777 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:37 pm

Capodarco Family is interested in Holli. We've been approved.
Thank you

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:13 pm

Capodarco family - your interest has been noted.

mzizzo24

Postby mzizzo24 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:56 am

The Zizzo family is interested in Holli and have been approved.

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Mon May 11, 2015 9:19 pm

Zizzo family - your interest has been noted.

Chriss

Postby Chriss » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:43 pm

Is Holli still available? There is nothing since March and I am new at this. I would like an older dog to be my buddy. I can't imagine going through the chewing and house breaking again!. Have had two labs before until they reached old age, 14 and 11.

PlacementCoord

Postby PlacementCoord » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:42 pm

Chriss-what name is your application under?

Zakfamily

Postby Zakfamily » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:06 pm

We have been recently approved and would love to learn about Holli. Is she still available? We would love to meet her if she is. Thanks.

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:14 am

Zak family - your interest has been noted. Thank you.

BarkleyFamily

Postby BarkleyFamily » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:19 pm

Based on your knowledge of Holli, do you think with training that she could come to tolerate other dogs? We live in an area with a LOT of dogs, and our next door neighbors have dogs as well.

Return to “ADOPTED!!”