Sophia - ADOPTED

ForumMod

Sophia - ADOPTED

Postby ForumMod » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:04 pm

Image Image

Are you looking for the perfect combination of fun/playful and sweet/snuggly? Young, but past the crazy puppy stage? Then look no further than me, Sophia! I’m an approx. 2 year old female black Lab mix, 65 lbs., with soulful brown eyes and fun ears that stick straight out when I’m feeling curious. I love other dogs; I live with two foster fur-sibling Labs (6 year old male and 1.5 year old female) and we have so much fun playing together! When I’m not playing, I like to just chill out near my people. I like humans of all ages, even the small ones they call kids, although sometimes I’m just a tad reserved around new folks until I get to know them a bit better. Other things I like: walks, cuddling, giving kisses, chews like bully sticks, antlers and nylabones, car rides, and food and treats of course! I’m a smart girl, if I do say so myself - I have mastered “sit” and “bed” (go into my crate), am working on “down,” and I know I have to be polite and sit at the door before we go outside or come back inside. Speaking of my crate – foster mom keeps me in there when she’s not home so I don’t get into anything I shouldn’t, and I do great in there (although when she comes home, I get super excited to get out and see her!). There are also 3 cats here in my foster home. Foster mom says I can go to a home with cats, but my new family will need to help me a little with my cat manners. I ignore the old grumpy one here who has made it clear he wants nothing to do with me, but I do bark out of frustration at the younger ones – first they act like they want to play, but then they get mad when I get too close. It’s so rude! And I’m the one that needs work on manners? Harumpf. I am almost 100% on housebreaking, and with routine and consistency, I should be just fine. I do get spooked every once in a while by strange noises or people/things making unexpected, sudden movements, but I recover quickly once you tell me everything is ok. Oh, and just so there are no surprises, I do have some permanent scarring on my front left leg. I had a rough start, and although I’m past all of that now, I do have those scars – but they are purely cosmetic, my leg is perfectly normal otherwise. So whadda ya’ say? Shall we meet?

PS – Perhaps I look familiar? I was adopted from MLRR late last year but the family had an unexpected and unfortunate change in circumstances that had absolutely nothing to do with me, and it was decided that the best thing all around was for me to come back to MLRR to find a new family.

Lab lover

Re: Sophia

Postby Lab lover » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:44 pm

I am interested and approved. Prochaska is the name.

Tolender

Postby Tolender » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:33 pm

The Olender family is very interested in meeting with Sophia!

Tolender

Postby Tolender » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:35 pm

The Olenders are approved adopters! (Tracy Olender)

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:49 pm

Prochaska and Oleander families - your interest has been noted.

g@craig

Postby g@craig » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:21 pm

The Craig's are interested in meeting sophia

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:42 pm

Craig family - your interest has been noted.

jtraughber

Postby jtraughber » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:19 pm

Is Sophia still available? We recently lost our fur baby, a beautiful Black lab mix that we had adopted as a puppy from a facility in our area. We are very anxious to find a new puppy to join our family.

harcyn

Postby harcyn » Mon May 04, 2015 10:21 am

We have been approved today. We would like to meet w/ Sophia & her foster parents.

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Mon May 11, 2015 9:22 pm

jtraughber - when was your home visit and what is the last name on the application?

harcyn - what is the last name on the application.

Return to “ADOPTED!!”