Velvet - ADOPTED

ForumMod

Velvet - ADOPTED

Postby ForumMod » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:25 pm

Hi, my name is Velvet. I'm a 1-2 year old beautiful black female Lab mix just looking for the right family to call my own. I’m around 50 pounds, tall and slender, and have an abundance of energy. I was heartworm positive when I arrived, but have completed my treatment. Some of the good stuff: I am a great kisser, and I get along with anyone and anything. I currently live with two foster labs…a 3 year old male, and a 15 year old female. I play a good game of rope tug with the 3 year old, and have been known to engage the 15 year old in a game or two of chase (trying to take it easy on her as best I can). If you’re looking for a retriever…I’m your gal…I do pretty well running for the tennis ball, bringing it back and dropping. And boy can I run...if there is a squirrel in sight, I’m after it, lickity split. I love going on walks, and do pull a little on the leash, just a little guidance, and I am back on track. I know some commands…I “come” when called, and can “sit” when coaxed. Like all labs, I am very curious, and have been known to bark at anything unusual…skunks, vacuum cleaners, leaf blowers, you get the idea. I also love to chew (unfortunately, I have ruined a stuffed animal or two). My foster parents have found antler chews and bully sticks are the best for me, although sticks outside are pretty good too. Also know that I can play pretty well on my own, a squeaker in my mouth, upside down, on my back. I ride very well in the car. I often have free reign of the house, but will get crated if my foster mom and dad are gone; that’s only because I am so curious, and can get myself in trouble. I have lots of dog beds to sleep on, but I prefer foster mom and dad’s bed when it’s nigh-nigh time. My short hair coat doesn't seem to shed nearly as much as my fur brother and sister, so you might like that. My foster mom says I am a “pleaser”…I will do most anything for you to get your attention. I think I would do well with kids, but know I can get excited and may jump (no kids here). If you have another dog, that would be great, a companion to play with. Cats are an unknown for me. I think I am a great find, looking for a family that loves all my unique qualities…requesting dates now…!

Orangeboy773

Re: Velvet

Postby Orangeboy773 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:34 am

The Allen/Borg household is interested in meeting Velvet. Approved on 4/19/15.

Globert

Postby Globert » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:50 am

Would love to meet Velvet - had home visit and approved. Gloria G.

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:49 pm

Velvet has been adopted.

Return to “ADOPTED!!”