Skipper - ADOPTED

ForumMod

Skipper - ADOPTED

Postby ForumMod » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Hi I’m Skipper, I’m handsome and I know it! Things could not be better since I’ve been with MLRR. I arrived Heartworm+ but have had been through the treatments and feel much better. I will need a retest in a couple months but I know it’ll show negative! I’m currently in a home with 3 foster brothers & sisters including an MLRR alum and she has been telling me how great things are for her. I even like other dogs who sometimes visit my foster family. We all get along fine. There are 2 foster humans who I’m becoming fond of but as great as this all sounds I still want a family to call my very own. Here are a few things you should know about me: I LOVE attention and like to follow my foster mom and dad everywhere but once the settle I do too. When I’m outside I’m all business keeping watch for squirrels and any other trespasser to keep at bay. In fact I’m quite content to just be out in the yard or on the deck all by myself for hours. I’ve recently found toys are fun too and my foster brother & sisters have a whole bin of them to dig through and enjoy! Whenever I’m asked to get in my crate, I go willingly and if I know I’m getting a treat…outta my way as I can’t get there fast enough. I sleep in my crate at night but I’m an early riser and will bark to let my foster family know I’m ready for the new day. I get really excited at mealtime but will sit and wait while my bowl is put down until I’m told OK, then the food is MINE! I will say I’m a bit strong on a leash but it’s because I’m so excited to go for walks or car rides I can’t contain myself. I just know I can do better if you’ll work with me. Enough about me, when can I meet you? I just know once you see me in person and spend some time with me there will be no doubt you’ll clear a space in your car for me! Until then I’ll keep asking my foster mom and dad when you’re coming. Gotta go squirrels to chase off!

Mary Porter

Re: Skipper

Postby Mary Porter » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:28 pm

We are a dog loving family. We had two labs, Sonny [yellow]who was 14 when he died and Boxer [black] 9 years old. He just passed away a month ago from liver failure due to diabetes. We took such good care of him over the 3 years he had diabetes. I would like a laid back lab who still likes to go to the dog park or walks. We have an acre lot of free space where Skipper can play and relax. We do have an electric fence but we can turn off if Skipper can't be in an electric fenced area. We live in St. Charles, Il. Can I come and see Skipper? Please all me at work 630-406-9666 or on my cell 630-707-9677 OR email me at mporter@emergentsafety.com - I'm normally on email. Thanks so much

JGoodwin63

Postby JGoodwin63 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:18 pm

The Goodwin family (Julie and Tony) is interested in Skipper. We recently lost our Roxy who we adopted from MLRR 8 years ago and we look forward to giving a second chance to another dog in need.

JulieH

Postby JulieH » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:32 am

My husband and I are interested in Skipper. We lost our dog Zip from diabetes three years ago. He was our best friend. We are now ready to meet our new best friend. We would like an older dog and Skipper would be a beloved addition to our household. We have already been approved. Thanks. Julie

JohnKoszulinski

Postby JohnKoszulinski » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:30 pm

Hello,
We have recently been approved as adopters and would like to receive more information about Skipper and set up a meeting with him. Thank you.

The Koszulinski Family

auntiegator

Postby auntiegator » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:05 pm

Hello...we are the Kelley Family are are interested in meeting Skipper. We had our visit today! We are a dog family and are ready to add another friend to our family. We have a lot of room for him to be active or bask in the sun! :) Great walking paths for walking too!

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Skipper has found his furever home.

Return to “ADOPTED!!”