Tom - ADOPTED

ForumMod

Tom - ADOPTED

Postby ForumMod » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi, my name is Tom I think I am around 8 months old. I weigh in around 55 lbs and I am a very handsome chocolate male Lab. I was rescued from Tennessee with my brother, Sawyer. Get it… Tom & Sawyer! I am such a softy and love to snuggle. If you are sitting down, don’t be surprised if I try to sit on your lap and lick your face or start snoring as I fall asleep in your lap. I love to be outdoors. I especially love water. I am potty trained and a quick learner.I currently live in house with two girl’s ages 10 and 12 and another dog and a cat! Yes, I like cats, well kind of. I don’t chase them, just sometimes sneak up behind them and sniff them. I love playing with my foster fur-brother. He and I chase each other in the back yard. I get super excited and do summersaults. My foster parents just laugh, I just lay on my back and roll around in the grass. I love all the attention I get from the 10 year old and 12 year old. I just lay by their side and follow them around the house. I love to be by people. I melt, like butter, when someone is petting me. I slide all the way down their leg and lay on their feet. This is my trick to keep you there, so you pet me! I am pretty sneaky!! My foster mom takes me for a walk or run every day. I love that! I love going outside and I am getting use to a schedule. I am still getting use to a leash. I am not a huge fan of it and try to bite it off. My foster mom and dad think was I being trained for hunting. I am great at retrieving a ball and great off leash. I will walk near you and if you go out of sight, I come looking for you. I will find you!! If my foster dad is with on the weekends, we get to go swimming in a pond. Did I mention how much I LOVE water! I sleep on a dog bed in a crate and am being crate trained. I haven’t had any accidents in the house. I know the command sit and I am working on stay and come. I am working on taking food nicely from your hand. My foster parents wants to make sure I do okay with little kids. I do well playing with other dogs and all the neighbors that would come over. There are times the neighbors put their dogs in the back yard with me. We have our own dog park with little humans running around. It is a lot of fun. People stop my foster family and tell them how handsome I am. I have to agree. I also get told how well I behave; I had a good foster fur-brother teacher. I want to find my furever family. I think I would do best in a home where there is activity. I am still very much a puppy and will need some additional training and for you to be extra patient. I am affectionate and like to snuggle, so please give me lots hugs, kisses and praise for doing a good job.

JohnKoszulinski

Re: Tom

Postby JohnKoszulinski » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:31 pm

The Koszulinski Family was just approved and would absolutely love to meet Tom!

SmithFamily131

Postby SmithFamily131 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:05 pm

The Smith family is interested in Tom. We were approved in May 2015. Would love to meet him.

jcrowl

Postby jcrowl » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:33 pm

The Crowl family is interested in Tom and would sure appreciate an opportunity to meet him! Thank you!

Projansky Family

Postby Projansky Family » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:20 am

Hello, the Projansky family would be interested in meeting Tom. We are approved adopters. Thank you in advance.

JulieH

Postby JulieH » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:19 am

The Hawley family is very interested in meeting Tom. We have been approved. Thanks.

dhoughall

Postby dhoughall » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:26 am

tom and susan mackrola are very interested in tom. we would love to meet tom, have been approved, and would also love to adopt the 2 brothers together. we had 2 labs who were best friends - would love to give either or both these boys a home.

theandersens

Postby theandersens » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:00 pm

The Andersen family is very interested in Tom. We are approved and previous adopters from MLRR (1.5 years ago). We lost our 15 year rescue lab in May and would love to add another lab to our family for Duncan (formerly "Prince) as he enjoys having a second dog in the house. Thank you!

LWyatt

Postby LWyatt » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:34 pm

They Wyatt family is approved and very interested in meeting Tom.

Valerie.Yudell

Postby Valerie.Yudell » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:41 pm

The Yudell family is interested in adopting Tom and Sawyer. We were approved for adoption in May 2014. Unfortunately we had to put our adoption plans on hold when we found out our rescue dog Bruno was diagnosed with cancer. Please feel free to contact us with any questions. We would love to be Tom and Sawyers forever home.

Return to “ADOPTED!!”