Coco - ADOPTED

ForumMod

Coco - ADOPTED

Postby ForumMod » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:18 pm

ImageImage

Hi, my name's Coco, and I'm a beautiful, 75lb, 8 years young yellow (almost white) female Lab. Before coming to MLRR, I lived with the same family my whole life, but someone in the family was allergic to me, and that's how I ended up with my foster family. I live with two other dogs, a cat, and a little boy and I get along with everybody. When I first came here, I was very anxious with the changes in my life - I paced, panted, drank a lot of water, and cried a bit for the first few days. I was worried when my foster family left me to go to work or to run errands, but after a consistent schedule, I settled right in like I'd been here all along. My foster mom says that I'm not destructive and I have run of the house and can be trusted. I'm completely potty trained and I only do my business outside. My foster mommy works outside of the home and I'm alone 7-8 hours a day and I've never had an accident or gotten into anything I shouldn't. I don't even steal the little boy's stuffed animals out of his room like some other dogs have! There's a toy box here especially for us dogs, and I know to only play with those. I really LOVE my toys and always have one with me, but you should get me the kind that are really hard to tear up because that's my favorite thing to do to them! I may even bring you a sock or a slipper when you come home because I am a retriever and I like to bring you stuff, but I know not to chew those up! I don't go on the furniture, but I do have a fancy orthopedic dog bed here that I've taken over from the resident Lab so I would love something like that in my new home. I really love going on walks, and get very excited when I know we're about to head out. I get to go on a few walks each day with my foster family, including school pick-up where the kids all love me. I'm a good girl on the leash, and friendly with everyone I meet. Sometimes when I'm excited, I jump up on people (like when we're getting ready to go for a walk!!!), but my foster mommy is teaching me how to show my excitement in a more polite way. She's also working with me on my manners when taking a treat, and learning to sit first before I dive in to my food. I'm a very good listener and a fast learner. I'm the kind of Lab that works to make you happy. You should know that I live to be with you all the time, so if I'm going to live with you, you're going to have to get used to me being by your side because that's my favorite place to be. Even when I'm outside in the yard, I stick close to my foster mom and when she says it's time to go in, I always go with her! My foster mommy thinks I'd do best in an active home where I'm going to be a treasured part of the family because I'm one of the sweetest girls you'll ever meet. Are you the lucky family that gets to take me home?

Return to “ADOPTED!!”