Carmelo - ADOPTED!!!

ForumMod

Carmelo - ADOPTED!!!

Postby ForumMod » Wed May 04, 2016 3:41 pm

Image Image Image

¡Hola! Mi nombre es Carmelo, I’m from Puerto Rico, the 51st state! I’m a handsome yellow Lab, and I weigh around 55 lbs. I may be on the small side, but what I lack in size, I make up for in enthusiasm! I am currently in a home with 3 foster brothers & sisters including an MLRR alum and she has been telling me how great things are for her. I do like other dogs but I don’t quite know when play time is over because, let’s face it, I’m very much a puppy and don’t always listen to their signals. The truth is, I don’t understand why other dogs want to stop playing! Having another dog that is young and very active like me could be helpful… they can teach me the ropes. There are 2 foster humans who are helping me to learn certain manners and although there are no kids here, I would be good with older kids, especially those who have been around rambunctious puppies before. I haven’t met a cat, so I’m not so sure about them. Here are a few other things you should know about me: I LOVE to be near my foster mom or dad but when they turn their back, I like to get into mischief. I like to grab something I’m not supposed to, and get them to chase me. But they picked up on that game, so lately this doesn’t work as well, and it’s not as much fun. I love to chase the ball all around the yard and will bring it back. Have you heard of a Chuck-it? This should be on the top of the shopping list for my forever home! I’ve learned that when I drop the ball and sit nicely, it is thrown again! I do like toys too but they better be safe and sturdy, because I will eat them to pieces if they’re not. Hey, don’t knock it ‘til ya try it! I’m housebroken and although the first few days were a little scary, I’m getting used to the routine here and I’m working on my confidence to go outside all by myself. I sleep in my crate at night and whenever my foster parents leave during the day; I don’t quite enjoy this part but I do get a nice treat and that helps. I cry a bit but, but only because I miss them. Sometimes I will bark but this doesn’t work so I’m learning to be patient until I’m released. I love mealtime! I sit and wait when my bowl is put down until I’m told OK, so yes, I have the capacity to learn some manners if you’ll help teach me! I love walks and am so excited to see all the things outside of my foster house, but I’m told I need to focus more because I pull hard on my leash. I just want to get to the next smell on our walks. If you are looking for a very active and handsome pup, and have some time and patience for training, I’ll be your best pal!

For more information, and to express interest in Carmelo, please go to his facebook post at http://tinyurl.com/hxx3cuv

ForumMod

Re: Carmelo

Postby ForumMod » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:27 pm

Carmelo has been adopted!!

Return to “ADOPTED!!”