Cinder - ADOPTED!!

ForumMod

Cinder - ADOPTED!!

Postby ForumMod » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:40 pm

Hiya! My name is Cinder and I’m a 1-2 year-old female black Lab mix. I’ve been told I’m a pocket lab because I only weigh about 50 pounds. I don’t know about pockets, but I sure do love to sit on laps and snuggle on the couch. My foster mom thinks I’m a total sweetie and so does everyone else who meets me. I’m completely housebroken and crate trained. I love to play with dogs (I live with two right now in my foster home) and run circles around them in the yard. I also like to gently poke the cat until he makes me stop, but I mostly just leave him alone. My foster mom says I really need to go to a home that has a confident, social dog and humans who are understanding. You see, sometimes I get scared and feel a little overwhelmed. Sometimes it’s loud noises (like those darned fireworks) or sudden movements or just too much activity around me. When I’m feeling scared, I like to go to my crate where I feel safe and sometimes just like to hang out. I might give a little growl or a couple of barks if I’m feeling unsure, but I’m just letting you know that I need a little space. I used to be really afraid to go outside, but I’m getting so much better. If I refuse to go outside, my foster mom closes the door and then I’m like “hey, what about me?” until she opens the door and I run out. I still get a little afraid on walks and need some encouragement to keep going. It really helps me to have my Lab foster brother go with me. Whenever I plant myself and want to stop walking, he just gives me a tug and we keep going. I’m so much more comfortable when I’m with a confident, patient, social dog that I can take guidance from. I’ve learned a lot from the two dogs I live with now. They’ve taught me to sit patiently and wait for a treat, and that I have to calm down before my food bowl touches the ground (I sure do love to eat!). They also taught me how to play. At first I would just watch them running around together, but now I get right in there and we chase each other and have a great time. I’ve also learned from the cat too! He taught me that you can only poke a cat so many times before you get a swat on the nose. Ouch! I’m good with children, but I might be better with calmer, older kids since I still do like to jump when I get excited (we’re working on that though). I know how to "sit" and I'll give you "paw" every once in a while (sometimes I'll give you both paws!). I’m still working on some of my other commands and just need lots of practice and praise (and treats don't hurt either). If you’re a patient, loving family who wants an affectionate and beautiful (if I do say so myself) little companion to be a part of your family, let’s meet!

For more information, and to express interest in Cinder, please go to her facebook post at http://tinyurl.com/hw59jm3

DestinyScott

Re: Cinder

Postby DestinyScott » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:20 pm

My husband and I would love to meet Cinder.

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:26 pm

Your interest has been noted. Thank you

NicBrandon

Postby NicBrandon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:03 am

I would love to find out if Cinder is still available for adoption. If so, would we be able to meet her?
Thank you.
Nicole

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:55 pm

Cinder has been adopted

Return to “ADOPTED!!”