Joe - ADOPTED

admin

Joe - ADOPTED

Postby admin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:15 pm

Hi, I’m Joe (Joey, Joe-Joe, Jose, Joseph) and I am a 3 and a half year old black Lab mix, with the cutest puppy face you have ever seen! I weight about 100 lbs (give or take, but I’m not saying which way!). I absolutely LOVE big people, but I am very nervous and fearful of small children, and can get growly and snappy with toddlers. I also do not like dogs that I don’t live with, and while I have never gone after another dog, I do sound pretty scary! I am wimpy at heart, and while I like to be the dominant dog in the household, it is because I was never socialized as a puppy and am fearful without your guidance. My owners have worked very hard with me, and I have had a lot of training. I respond very well to one-on-one training, and I am able to follow basic obedience, and some other fun stuff, like waiting until you tell me to eat, and sitting at the door before I am allowed outside. I am completely housebroken, and walk beautifully on a leash. Once I lose a few pounds, the vet said that I can jog again, and I make a great running partner. I definitely need my space to run and sniff, and a secure fence is a requirement. If you do not keep me in, I will find a way out and take a romp around the neighborhood.
I currently live with my brother Lab and brother cat. It took me awhile to like my cat, but he’s okay now. If he runs though, I’m up for a good chase. I do not like wildlife or strays in my yard though, and I will eliminate anything from squirrels to snakes. I am happy to be free in the house, or in a crate, but I do like to be near you. I LOVE being outside, and will sometimes just lay in the sun while my owners do yard work, but I don’t like the scary machines they use sometimes.
I only want to be loved. I am very laid back and can chill out on the couch for hours. I love my people, and am very loyal and gentle with big people. I like to keep watch over the house and do not usually bark or whine unless I see something unusual or someone I recognize. I would adjust well to a home without small children, no cats, and possibly only one other dog.

To be considered you should read our adoption page and fill out the application form there. You can comment that you are interested on this forum. Just use the same name you use on the application so we know who you are.

http://www.midwestlabrescue.org/adoption.shtml

krismlrr

Re: Joe

Postby krismlrr » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Joe sounds like our Cole! Cole has gotten much better around other dogs and less fearful. Sometimes these guys need someone who is going to take the time with them so they can better adapt to what they are defensive about - their little insecurities. Unfortunately, if they are not reared in the right directions as youngsters, there behavior seems to stay with them. I am so glad that Joe has a Great Foster Family who takes the time with him.

My boyfriend and I were open to adopt a dog that needed some training, affection and etc.(even though Cole's defensive tendencies didn't come out till a few days after we got him), this ultimately fit our lifestyle and was our ultimate goal in the adoption process.

If you may be in a similar situation where you can open up your homes and hearts to a BIG Boy who needs some attention, please consider Adopting Joe!

ps.) you may be suprised how much you (as humans) may learn in the process. For us, it has truley been an experience unlike any other, in the best way possible!!

admin

Re: Joe

Postby admin » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:51 pm

Joe's current family has decided to keep him around so he is no longer available.

Return to “ADOPTED!!”