Lincoln - Adopted!

admin

Lincoln - Adopted!

Postby admin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi! My name is Lincoln and I am the loyal friend you have been looking for. I am not quite 2 but am mature for my age and very well behaved. I am a small Lab and can curl up into the tiniest ball so you would hardly even notice me sitting next to you. I am easy going and like to lounge around the house or in my crate. I spend my day in the crate while my mom is at work and then she lets me roam the house at night. She occasionally leaves me out of the crate when she is only gone for a few hours so I am especially good while she is gone. You know, I am a very lovable guy. I like to cuddle and I am so soft so you won't be able to keep your hands off me; I know this because random people on the street keep telling me this. They say they want to take me home with them, but I politely say no so I can go live with you. I like the other dogs I meet on my walks but I haven't spent much time with them. Hopefully I will have a play date soon to see if other dogs like me as much as people do.

To be considered you should read our adoption page and fill out the application form there. You can comment that you are interested on this forum. Just use the same name you use on the application so we know who you are.

http://www.midwestlabrescue.org/adoption.shtml

ahgreb

Re: Lincoln

Postby ahgreb » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:45 am

Hello Lincoln, we think you're just wonderful. We've recently had our home visit and would really like to meet you.

FoutzFam

Postby FoutzFam » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Lincoln looks like a great boy! We've been approved since Thursday, March 3 (but who's counting, right? ;-D), and have expressed interest in three other great dogs on here (Chance, George and Wilma), and Lincoln sounds like a great lab to say "hi" to as well.

Mainly, we're just excited to start visiting with labs who seem like a match for us. Let's have at it! :D And thanks for working with us, and for all that you do!

Colt, Katie, Jonah & Ben
Foutz Fam

PS. We'll see you at the Chicagoland pet expo next weekend in Arlington Heights!

Sara Sweeney

Postby Sara Sweeney » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:48 pm

HI,
We are waiting for final approval from our home visit, but I'd like to know if Lincoln is good with little kids and cats? If so, we'd love to meet him when our final approval comes thru!

Thanks,
Sara

Tessa

Postby Tessa » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi! Lincoln is good with children. We have met several kids on our walks and he is very calm and gentle. I do not have any cats so I do not know how he will be with cats.

Once your approval comes through a MLRR coordinator will contact you about visits.

Thank you for your interest in Lincoln, he is a wonderful dog!

Molly_Mae's_Mom

Postby Molly_Mae's_Mom » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:32 am

Thanks for all the interest in Lincoln!

ahgreb - Have you actually been approved yet? If so, then I'll forward your interest to our placement coordinator. If not, let me know when you are approved and then we can set you up to meet some dogs.

Foutz Family - I know we've talked before :) You do have interest in a lot of dogs, which is great! I recently learned that we do have a long wait of approved adopters who are waiting for match dates with dogs. This may be the reason why you haven't been meeting as many dogs as you like. I promise that we're working as hard as we can to find you a match, so hang tight (it's not easy, I know!) Going to the pet expo sounds GREAT! We're trying to get as many foster dogs there as possible (and it looks like there will be a decent amount) so check out our booth when you visit that weekend! It will be a wonderful opportunity to meet some dogs!

Sara Sweeney

Postby Sara Sweeney » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:59 am

Thanks for that!! We are more concerned that our future dog gets along with the kids, I know the cats will adapt, they did before! :)
And we have officially been approved (YAY!), and we'd love to meet Lincoln!

Thanks,
sara

ahgreb

Postby ahgreb » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Molly_Mae's_Mom - We are very excited to have received our approval over the weekend. We can't wait to start meeting some of these wonderful dogs. Please scratch Lincoln behind his ear for us!

Molly_Mae's_Mom

Postby Molly_Mae's_Mom » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:05 am

Hey Sara and ahgreb,
Thanks again for your interest! I've let our placement coordinator know of your interest. It might be helpful to read the "Adoption Process" post under the "General" tab in the forum to help answer any questions for concerns about the wait list for meeting potential dogs. If you have any further comments/questions, etc. please let me know.

Thank you!

Kristen

P.S. ahgreb - I need to know your actual name that was on your application in order to tell our placement coordinator who you are :) If you don't feel comfortable telling me it over the forum, please message me (the mail link under my name) -- thanks!

Sara Sweeney

Postby Sara Sweeney » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:50 am

Hi Kristen,
Yes, I understand we need to wait our turn, I just want to make sure I get my name on the lists of dogs that I see that I think would be a good fit!

Thanks!
Sara

Return to “ADOPTED!!”