Payton - Adopted!

pvendegna

Re: Payton

Postby pvendegna » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:28 pm

OOOPPPS. My name is Patti Vendegna. I have an application on file. If Payton is still available, I'd like to speak with someone to see if we'd be a match. I live alone in a house with a nice yard. Thank you.

JackandDiane

Postby JackandDiane » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi Patti - I just sent a note to the placement coordinator to note your interest. We'll be in touch shortly. Thanks.

danasheehan@sbcglobal.net

Postby danasheehan@sbcglobal.net » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:51 pm

We are interested in adopting Payton. I am a single mom with 3 kids they are 21, 17 and 13. Just wondering if you feel that would be too crazy for Payton???

JackandDiane

Postby JackandDiane » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi Dana, I don't think that would be too crazy for Payton, but meeting the dog is the best way to tell. Have you applied and received a home visit? I'll let the placement coordinator know you're interested.
Thanks,
Diane

awilson99

Postby awilson99 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Wondering if Payton is still available? We have three kids, one of whom is developmentally delayed. She loves animals, but can get over-excited and hug. We're a great family eager for a new canine member.

aande

Postby aande » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Payton is still available but he is looking for home with either no children or only older children (12 years & up perhaps).

Have you already submitted an application? That would be the first step before meeting some of the lovely MLRR dogs!

Lou

Postby Lou » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Is Payton still available? The notes stopped early in December. I have a 7yo yellow female that I'd like to get a friend. It will be just the three of us on about an acre of land ... what is the process to adopt? Im Lombard as well, can I come by to visit the kids, mybe with my girl?

JackandDiane

Postby JackandDiane » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Payton is still available. The process to adopt is to complete an online application via our site and then have a home visit by one of our volunteers. Then you may be approved and able to meet available dogs that you're interested in adopting. Hope this helps!
Thanks!

Anne

Postby Anne » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi, I'm Anne Lucas (still in the process of changing to my married name: Quigley) - my husband John and I have been approved for adoptions with MLRR; and we'd like to set up a meeting with Payton. Our home in Villa Park has a good backyard that's mostly fenced, and will be fully fenced very soon. We have our adult son (23yrs) living with us, and our two cats; and we added Harley to the mix in mid-October. He's a 8 month old boxer/terrier mix. He's settling in pretty well; he's a VERY good boy for a teenager. We're still working on teaching him to ignore the cats and he still does a little excitement / submissive dribbling inside every once in a while. He's well-socialized and goes to doggy day camp once or twice a week, he LONGS for a household playmate, and we've always had two dogs, so we're longing for that just-right match, too! The perfect fit would be an older dog (1-3 1/2 year old) who's playful and energetic, but who is also kind of a hall-monitor. Harley will benefit most from a dog who will be his leader, without causing clashes and skirmishes. We'd like to check out Payton's energy and see if he might be the fit we're looking for. What are your thoughts?

aande

Postby aande » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi Anne,

I will let our placement coordinator know of your interest.

Return to “ADOPTED!!”