Comet - ADOPTED!

aande

Comet - ADOPTED!

Postby aande » Wed May 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Image Image

Comet’s my name and movin’s my game. I can run faster than Haley’s Comet any day. You should see me sprint after the tennis ball and I don’t slow down on the return either. I’m about a year or so (give or take a few months). My foster Mom says I’m a young’un because I am squirrely. Do you think I should take that as a compliment? She also uses the word, exuberant. I don’t know what that means either, but I think it’s a compliment. Because of my exuberant disposition I best not be with kids under 10 or 12. But to tell you the truth, no one has taught me the right way to behave.

Somedays I get to go to doggie day care. What a blast. I got to play with all the dogs. It was a great fun; I can’t wait to do it again. I also went to Bark-n-Park for a little doggy boot camp - I stayed there for a little over a week and learned some manners - key word being SOME!

I’m about 60 lbs of yellow Lab boy. I’m not too big, not too little—I’m just right. I have energy but I do settle when I get inside. I sleep on the dog bed at night and in the crate during the day (after all, I am not a boy scout and can’t be trusted). Sometimes when I get bored, I start barking, ‘let’s do something!’ Then usually we go outside in the yard or go for a walk and I’m happy again. I love walking in the neighborhood and I am not a huge puller.

So if you have time to train me, work with me, and show me the behavioral ropes, I will be forever indebted. So indebted that I promise to love you, give you kisses, snuggle together, and be the best canine companion I can be. Your friend, Comet

cboggs

Re: Comet

Postby cboggs » Fri May 11, 2012 11:01 am

Comet, just reminded me. He knows how to hit a bell on the door to let everyone know he needs to go outside. He is doing fine and really is a calm guy. At night he is sleeping on the dog pillow in the bedroom and is only crated during the day. Yesterday he met a female about his size. he was fine with her. They boxed a little but they couldn't play too long because she had to go home so Comet was a bit bummed. I will let you know how he is progressing.

lakid1@comcast.net

Postby lakid1@comcast.net » Sun May 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi!

I heard Snow white got adopted , I'm so Happy for her. I don't care much about shoes. There's an easy solution, put your shoes away. This high energy dog is what this house needs . Since my Lab died of Cancer 2 years ago everybody misses her and she wore everybody out. I should put her up on you tube in the pool, car, yard, doggy door. Hiking in the woods. Please come and house check. I need my sleeping buddy. I've never had a male dog before this should be fun!
The choice is his where he wants to sleep. I hope on my king size bed. My husband gets the basement he snores.
Laura

Lisaloveslabs

Postby Lisaloveslabs » Mon May 14, 2012 7:43 am

Lakid - have you been approved? What name is your application under?

Thanks!

bcasullivan

Postby bcasullivan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Is Comet still available? I'm almost through the adoption approval process...they are checking vet and personal references now...name of Brenda Sullivan.

Lisaloveslabs

Postby Lisaloveslabs » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Comet is still available. I'll look for your application?

bcasullivan

Postby bcasullivan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:19 am

Awesome. Hopefully all of the references checks will be completed by Friday, as I would LOVE to come see him on Saturday (6/16) if possible. Thanks. Brenda

bcasullivan

Postby bcasullivan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Is Comet still available?? Just curious how I go about checking on my application...I know that the home visit is done, and that they have checked on my references...I know that everyone is very busy...just curious...

bcasullivan

Postby bcasullivan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:26 pm

OK...sorry, another question...in the description it describes Comet as high energy...but in a follow up post it talks about him being a calm guy...what would you say is his overall energy level? Is he "high energy" with an off switch?? or more a medium to low overall, and just high when chasing the ball??

bwilliams

Postby bwilliams » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:29 am

Just a little head's up on Comet. He is an adorable, cute dog but he is a puppy and with that comes things that puppies do. We know this because we had Comet for a short time and had to return him. He is in serious need of obedience training before he is adopted. He is a nipper, jumps on people, chews on shoes; things you would expect puppies to do. So if you are willing to work with him, he would be a good fit. If you are desiring an older dog, I would pick an older dog.

Return to “ADOPTED!!”