Monroe - ADOPTED!

aande

Monroe - ADOPTED!

Postby aande » Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi! My name is Monroe! (But my foster mom thinks I look more like a “Sgt. Pepper”!) The folks at the kennel think I'm about 3 yrs. old and I weigh approximately 58 lbs. (I need to add a few lbs! Foster mom is feeding me healthy portions to help me gain.) I'll be a good sized boy in no time! I am housetrained and crate trained. I have a foster dog brother named Sugar (he’s a 5 yr. old yellow Lab). We hang out a lot and take walks and chase the ball together. I have shown that I like to retrieve and will drop the ball when my foster mom says "Drop it". I am really good walker on leash too. When at the house, I like to stay close to my foster mom and follow her from room to room. When she leaves me I get a little upset, and bark a few minutes but then I relax and am quiet. I have met all kinds of kids on our walks and I like ‘em! My foster mom thinks I’d like a family with kids. I'd also be a #1 companion to an active single person or couple as I love to take long walks and play. Also, I love, love, love food! I promise to NEVER miss a meal! And I will sit and watch as the people of the house eat their meals. If any crumbs drop, don't worry, I will clean them up! I have met many other dogs while with my foster mom and know that I realy like puppies. I also visited this really cool dog park and was joined by two chocolate Labs and a vizsla -- we sniffed and said hello and off I went to run and play. My foster mom thinks that the more I socialize with other dogs the better as I will get used to so many types and kinds of canine buddies!

judithcrozier

Re: Monroe

Postby judithcrozier » Thu May 17, 2012 11:10 am

We are approved and would love to meet Monroe, she appears to be all black lab and she is beautiful, we have a ten month old grand daughter with us daily and she might be just the perfect dog for us. We are the Hugunin/Crozier family. We have a large fenced yard, dog parks, and lots of exercise in store for her.

Lisaloveslabs

Postby Lisaloveslabs » Thu May 17, 2012 11:15 am

Sorry for the confusion, but Monroe is a male dog.

John

Postby John » Thu May 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi, I'm the other half of Crozier/Hugunin and I'm the one who will be primarily responsible for any dog we get. Although we're both retired, we're active and I need the companionship. Could we visit Monroe?

John

Postby Guest » Thu May 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Yes, I realized she was he just after posting. This is okay.

judithcrozier

Postby judithcrozier » Sun May 20, 2012 10:36 am

How is Sgt Pepper doing today? Was he able to start his treatment? We would also like to know the vicinity of the foster home. Our we first on the list for potential adopters?

Csolveig1

Postby Csolveig1 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:00 am

Hi we are interested in Monroe. We currently have a Shetland/Shepard we adopted a little over 1.5 yrs ago who is 3-4 yrs old and just lost our oldest this past january that we adopted from aurora anal control. He was 9 when we adopted him and was almost 14 when passed away of bone cancer. We are interested in finding a companion for our current dog as well as ourselves. We have two kids 7.5 and 10. Just noticed he started medicine can you please tell me for what? And also where is he located? Also does he like the water and swimming? Thank you in advance for your time.

Csolveig1

Postby Csolveig1 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:05 am

Hi we are interested in Monroe. We currently have a Shetland/Shepard we adopted a little over 1.5 yrs ago who is 3-4 yrs old and just lost our oldest this past january that we adopted from aurora animal control. He was 9 when we adopted him and was almost 14 when passed away of bone cancer. We are interested in finding a companion for our current dog as well as ourselves. We have two kids 7.5 and 10. Just noticed he started medicine can you please tell me for what? And also where is he located? Also does he like the water and swimming? Thank you in advance for your time. Also still need to fill out application and have excellent references from past adoptions and vet. Thanks.

FM

Postby FM » Fri May 25, 2012 8:13 am

Let me check in with the placement coordinator.

agordon720

Postby agordon720 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:43 pm

It was recently discovered that Monroe is positive for heartworms. He is currently receiving the treatment at our vet and will soon be heartworm free! Once he finishes up with that he'll be back at his foster home in the Hinsdale area. We don't know if Monroe likes water and/or swimming. A lot of the foster homes don't have the means to take their foster dogs swimming - mostly b/c they don't live near water or the dog beach and because they often are only in foster homes for 2-3 weeks and so they just never get around to it!

Return to “ADOPTED!!”