Lassie - ADOPTED!

aande

Lassie - ADOPTED!

Postby aande » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Image Image Image

So I am sure you are thinkin’ to yourself, she doesn’t look like a Lab. But let me tell you, looks can be deceiving. I am pretty tight lipped about my lineage. To tell you the truth, I’m not even sure, except that I'm 4 years old. But I do know this. I am a wonderful dog. What do I base that on?

Well listen up.

I am only the second dog that my foster family took in who does not need crating. Got that? Also I don’t jump up on people. I don’t counter surf. I don’t beg. I’m not a barker. I am great on walks. I love other dogs. I was living with kids and lovin’ it. So what is not to love about me?

I’m 50 lbs. with beautiful short reddish brown hair. I think I have a food allergy so I am watching what I eat—only venison/potato kibble for me. You see, I was living with my family in sunny CA; then we decided to move to Chicago. All was going really well, until a family emergency happened and they had to go back home to South Africa. It was too expensive to take me so they left me behind with friends, but they didn’t have the time and space to devote to me. Mind you I don’t need a lot of space, just a spot for a dog bed. But I do need some love and attention. Wouldn’t you agree?

So forget the fact that I am not the most Lab-looking dog you have ever seen. Instead think about how great it would be to come home and have me greet you at the door. It would make your day, and it would make my day too.

Your soon-to-be forever friend,
Lassie

Jen Venhuizen

Re: Lassie

Postby Jen Venhuizen » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:43 pm

How old is Lassie and is she good with cats? We do have a large male rottweiler/coonhound. We are approved and ready to adopt. Paperwork went through with Tom Crotty.

Thank you
Jen Venhuizen

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Jen - I've forwarded your comments to Lassie's foster mom. You should see a response on the Forum shortly.

cindyboggs

Postby cindyboggs » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Jen, I don't know about cats, but a friend has a cat and I will let you know how it goes. She is great with other dogs and kids.

Ken

Postby Ken » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:17 pm

How old is Lassie?

agordon720

Postby agordon720 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Lassie is about 4 years old.

Jen Venhuizen

Postby Jen Venhuizen » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:55 pm

Just following up to see if Lassie is good with cats. I am not sure if you were able to do a quick cat test or not. Please let me know.

Thank you and best regards,
Jen Venhuizen

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:48 pm

The O'Connor would like to meet Lassie. (we have been approved)

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:38 pm

O'Connor family - we have several O'Connors. Can you tell me a first name and the month of your home visit?

HeidiGilday

Postby HeidiGilday » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:41 am

I just had a home visit and am in the process of being approved (I believe). I too am curious about how Lassie might be with cats; I have two.

Return to “ADOPTED!!”