Lilah - ADOPTED!

aande

Lilah - ADOPTED!

Postby aande » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Image Image

I'm sweet Lilah, a not quite 1 year old black Lab mix. I've got a sleek and shiny black coat on my petite 55lb frame. I have a sad story to tell you. Before I was rescued by MLRR I was found on the streets of Chicago after being hit by a car. I had a tibial crest fracture in one of my back legs. I was so frightened when I ended up at Chicago Animal Care and Control. A lot of nice people helped get me out of there and I'm so grateful. The Mylah Medical Foundation helped pay for the surgery I desperately need to fix my leg. The surgeon who helped fix my leg says that I need a few weeks of rest and then I will be as good as new. I had a pin and tension wire placed in my leg and the post operative xrays show great results! I love my foster family and they have been taking such good care of me. My big foster brother is an ancient, grumpy chocolate lab but I'm learning a lot from him. I can't wait to be able to run and play again with dogs my own age. I am housebroken and crate trained. I get to sleep upstairs with my foster family at night now instead of in the crate and I think that is a real treat. I do have a few "bad" puppy habits that I need to work on - like mouthing and jumping on you to smother you with kisses. I am a quick learner and can't wait to find my forever family.

finsup

Re: Lilah

Postby finsup » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:38 pm

The Bernard family is interested in learning more about Lilah. We were approved after our home visit with Marge in July.
Thanks!

agordon720

Postby agordon720 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi Bernard Family! I'm Lilah's foster mom, Allison. She is very excited that someone is interested in her. I will let our placement coordinator know that you are interested. She is still healing so not quite ready to be adopted out yet, but will be ready soon! Each day she uses her leg more and more. I love fostering her and she is such a sweetie! Thanks!

finsup

Postby finsup » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:30 am

:D Something about her screams sweetheart. We let Marge know that our adoption window is October anyway. We will be on vacation that first week and we didn't feel it would be fair to adopt a new family member and then turn right around and board them or have someone they aren't used to yet pet-sit. We figured that since Lilah is still healing for a number of weeks yet, the timing may work out. She's so cute!

erin

Postby erin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:29 am

I would love to meet Lilah. I have been approved, my file is under Egan. Thank you for your consideration.

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Lilah did have to have her leg amputated last week. She's healing right now but will hopefully be ready to meet people again in a few weeks. I have a tripod myself and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about adopting a fantastic dog like Lilah.

agordon720

Postby agordon720 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi Everyone - Lilah here. I'm doing pretty well. My foster mom is sad for me but I tell her to be happy. It's true - I had to have my back right leg amputated last Thursday 10/4. The doctors decided that because my first surgery to fix my broken leg didn't work that the best option was amputation. Even though I only have three legs now it doesn't really change anything about me. I do everything that other dogs do just like they do it. I walk, run, play, go up and down stairs, and cuddle with my foster mom on the bed. She does give me a boost to get on the bed or to get in the SUV but other than that I'm capable of anything! I think once I've recovered a little more from the surgery and the post surgery pain goes away I should be able to jump on the bed and into the car myself. It's only been a week after all.

Some of my favorite things to do are try and get my grouchy foster brother to play with me, chew bones, find cozy places to lounge around the house, and get my toe nails painted. Yes - it's true.

The Mylah Medical Foundation is sponsoring my surgery. You can find them on the web and on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mylah-Med ... 51?fref=ts

If you want to contribute to my surgery there is a "Chip in" set up here: http://mylahmedicalfoundation.chipin.com/lilah

jennifer joseph

Postby jennifer joseph » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:24 am

hi, iam jennifer. very interested in Lilah, i have a great yard, live a block from the lake, have good friends w dogs who love to get together with their people!! i had a great dog -a lab- who died last spring and iam ready for a new best friend forever!!! i walk every day, so i think i could be helpful with her recovery. please look at my approved application, Jennifer p . s. i could visit as soon as nxt week.... :D

ForumMod

Postby ForumMod » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Jennifer - Lilah has found her forever home already, but I'm sure we'll find you a great dog!

Return to “ADOPTED!!”