Payton - Adopted!

Payton - Adopted!

Postby kathrod » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:21 pm

Image Image

Hi! My name is Payton! I came to my foster family on the day before my 2nd birthday. I was a little afraid at first, but I quickly warmed up to them. It's been a rough couple of years for me. You see, I'm originally from Indiana. My first family found me wandering the campus of Purdue University when I was just a few months old. They took me home, loved me and housetrained me, but a year later they decided that they just didn't have enough time for me. So off to the vet I went to stay, and I've been looking for my forever family ever since. I didn't let that little rough patch break my spirit, though! My foster mommy says that I'm the most loving boy she's ever met. She said that's why they changed the spelling of my name from an 'e' to an 'a', because I'm 100% sweetness! (Well that, and something about Bears being better than Colts. I don't really get it.) I love to follow her all around the house and am just content being wherever my foster family is. I have a foster sister here who's the same age as me, but smaller, and I just love playing with her! I love to run all around the backyard and I'm really fast when I run, too. I also just like to walk around smelling everything. It's all so new and fun! Once we're inside, though, and it's time to hang out, there's nothing I love more than cuddling up next to someone for a nap, or even just laying in my favorite spot under the window. I know sit and stay, except that I can get pretty excited. I'm working on that, though. My foster mommy says that I need to walk better when I'm out on the leash, too. With a little practice, though, she says that I can learn to be better because I'm very eager to please. There are no human kids in my foster family, but my foster mommy thinks I'd be good with older kids. She also thinks I'd do well in just about any size house. I'm pretty small for a Lab, about 40-45 lbs. I could even live in an apartment with enough walks and outside time! Won't you please come and visit me?? I can't wait to find my forever family!!
kathrod

Re: Payton

Postby PD4 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:50 pm

We received our approval letter today and we were wondering if Payton was still available. Do you have any updates on him?
Thanks!
PD4

Postby agordon720 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi PD4 - What is the last name on the application so I can make note of your interest in Payton and see if it might be a good fit? He is still available for adoption, but he is scheduled to meet a family later this week, so we'll have to see what happens there first! Thanks for your interest! I will also see if his foster mom can come onto the forum and give an update on what's new with Payton!
agordon720

Postby PD4 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:26 am

Thanks for the info. Our last name is Derdzinski.
PD4

Postby agordon720 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Payton is set up to meet a family on Saturday, but we'll keep you in mind should that not work out. Thanks!
agordon720

Postby MMulrenin » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi, I'm Payton's foster mom. Payton is still available for adoption. He's doing very well in his foster home. He is now walking very nicely on his walks. His favorite thing to do is sit out in the middle of the backyard and just look around. He really loves this cool fall weather. He's also happy just hanging out on the couch and looking out the window. He's so sweet with me and my husband, but is a little weary of strangers. We're working on that, though, and he has made some great progress. I would still recommend a family with older or no kids. Overall, he's just a sweet boy that loves just being wherever we are. Any questions, just let me know! :)
MMulrenin

Postby kayseverns@comcast.net » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:38 pm

We were recently approved by MLRR. One thing concerns us about Payton: you caution about older children. We anticipate a baby grand child in the near future. What would be the concerns? Being in our 70's, we find his smaller size appealing. We have two grand dogs here at the present time. Before having to put OUR dog, a black Lab, down in June, they all three got along very well.
Any comments would be helpful. Did the families who seem to have shown interest not work out?
Thank you for fostering.
Kay Severns :)
kayseverns@comcast.net

Postby Diane Soares » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi Kay -
Payton would not be best with babies. He is fearful at first of new situations and people and we feel it'd be best for him to go to a quieter home. Are you interested in any other dogs on the site?
Thanks!
Diane
Diane Soares

Postby pnordyke@gmail.com » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi Diane,
Is Payton still available for adoption? I am a single woman living with my 20 year old daughter in a large home with a fenced yard. I have a home office and between that and my daughters schedule he would rarely be home alone. I would LOVE to have a dog that wants a quieter home!! My 12 yr old lab passed in 2008 and with my kids grown and out I would love to adopt this time around.

My home visit is scheduled for Sunday. Please reach out to me when you can!

Patti
pnordyke@gmail.com

Postby aande » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:26 am

Hi Patti,

Payton is still available currently.
I will let the placement coordinator know of your interest!
aande

Next

Return to ADOPTED!!