Fostering for MLRR

agordon720

Fostering for MLRR

Postby agordon720 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Hello Everyone!

I'm one of the new co-foster home coordinators for MLRR. I'm looking forward to helping to save the lives of many wonderful labs...unfortunately I will also have to turn down several wonderful labs because we simply do not have enough foster homes to take all the dogs that are in need of rescue.

I'm putting this post out on the forum in hopes of generating some interest among new potential foster homes. If anyone has any questions about the fostering process - please ask here! It is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. My lab loves all of the new friends he gets to meet. It is a challenge at times, but a very rewarding one.

If you know of anyone who might be interested - please direct them to the MLRR website. You can find an application to become a foster home at this link: http://www.midwestlabrescue.org/onlinefoster.htm

Also - you do not need to be a past adopter in order to be a foster home. It is impossible to say for sure, but most likely a lab you are fostering will stay with you for about 2 weeks. If you only want to foster females, or only want males, or only want puppies that is fine too - just let us know your preferences and we will only send you dogs that fit for you. You can take a break after each foster lab or you can keep on going - it is totally up to you. We are very flexible. As a foster home you are responsible for paying for food for the foster dog, but all medical costs are paid by MLRR. The dogs are completely vetted before they get to you, but do sometimes require a check-up at the vet.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you will considering becoming a foster home for MLRR. You can send me a message through the forum or post a question to this topic.

Thank you!
Allison Gordon
Co-Foster Home Coordinator

admin

Re: Fostering for MLRR

Postby admin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:32 pm

I would like to add that I really had a lot of fun fostering. We had to stop due to some other issues but it was very rewarding. We did it for just over a year. I still pretty much remember every one Romeo, M&M, Marshall, Doolittle, Duke, Grady, Travis, Hendrix, Duncan, Buddy. Once we are able to we will do it again. Most of the Labs are extermely easy and are in and out in a couple of weeks. We had a few that had special issues but nothing we couldn't handle and they were all adopted in the end. I highly recommend it if you are in a situation where you can do it.

Mike

Return to “General”