Balto

A place to talk about Dogs currently awaiting adoption
ForumMod

Balto

Postby ForumMod » Thu May 11, 2017 7:22 pm

Image Image

Hi My name is Balto and I am a big boy, a black Lab mix with decent energy and about 3 years old. I am looking to move into my forever home. I used to have a family until they traded me in for smaller dogs. I still can’t figure out what I did wrong, but now I am with MLRR, safe and happy. I am potty trained, I sit, give paw, I have mastered staying, and am crate trained, I sit at every corner while walking, I just love being brushed, I do not mind baths, and I love water, though I haven’t been swimming yet. Let's see... what else? Oh, I do not chew on anything other than my toys, so that's good, right? My human foster Dad says I need to work on my walking skills, not jumping when humans come home, and counter surfing (if the food is there, I’ll eat it), but I am getting better every day. My human foster Dad tells me I will be out of the crate full time someday... so that's my goal. Right now he leaves me out of the crate for a few hours at a time and I haven’t damaged anything other than that box of cookies left on the counter. And I'll tell you what... they were DELICIOUS!

I live with my foster Dad and fur sister who is another Lab mix. I love to go on walks, retrieve tennis balls, play tug of war with my fur sister, and all human attention. On my walks I have met several children and other humans. My foster Dad has me sit for each human I meet and I love every minute of the petting sessions. Even though I am great with humans, I am big and do not know my size and I could easily knock over smaller children especially when you come home, so either older kids or be prepared for the little ones to be knocked over. I have met other dogs and I need a proper introduction off the leash, which is safe and smart, anyway! Once I know the other dog, we can be friends.

Maureenkf

Re: Balto

Postby Maureenkf » Sat May 20, 2017 5:06 pm

My husband and I are runners. Do you know how Balto would do running? Distance? Also how does he handle longer car rides?

Lkhorsley

Re: Balto

Postby Lkhorsley » Tue May 23, 2017 11:29 am

I think Bolton is perfect I hope I get to meet and adopt him.

Return to “Adoptable Dogs Discussion”